Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found a nasty bird poop mark on my Atlas White IONIQ 5. Tried regular carwash soaps, baking soda and WD40 so far and cannot remove it. Ordered some special sprays from Amazon and wait to see if that works.

Anyone has some suggestions on how to remove those?

Sky Water Hood Cloud Grille

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 72,6kWh RWD Lucid Blue
279 Posts
Just found a nasty bird poop mark on my Atlas White IONIQ 5. Tried regular carwash soaps, baking soda and WD40 so far and cannot remove it. Ordered some special sprays from Amazon and wait to see if that works.

Anyone has some suggestions on how to remove those?

View attachment 43565
Depends on the type of birds, but usually a shotgun will do.

·
Registered
2022 I5 SEL Lucid Blue
159 Posts
You can try a polishing compound and a microfiber cloth. Sprays probably won't do much, assuming you already tried the normal soap and water routing. If polishing doesn't work, you will probably have to take it to someone if you don't know how to use rubbing/cutting compound and the routine that follows.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Try a clay bar potentially. If that doesn't work I'd find a local detailer and see what they can come up with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am covering my car for the first time ever... new SE, regular parking spot in front of the house is under power lines, usually with 5-10 bird crappers hanging out on the wire.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had my car ceramic-coated for this same reason. While I love the car, I don't think the materials, including the paint, are as durable as I would prefer. For this reason, I just didn't want to risk it. Once you have this issue remedied, I strongly suggest it.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue/Gray
313 Posts
3D Bug Remover from Amazon. If it doesn't work, then Meguiar's Ultimate Compound which is a on the "easy" scale when compared to using rubber/polish compounds and clay bars.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts