Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably a stupid question. What's the best way to access this forum on my iPhone? Is there an app for easy browsing n posting or only option to use a browser?

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
As far as I know, there's no app. I use browser on my iPad.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
I happened to look at this forum today on my iPhone for the first time. Screwed up line breaks (in the middle of words), really difficult to read (no difference portrait or landscape). Navigation was a bear too. Hitting the back arrow on Safari takes you back to some strange page, taking two clicks and some scrolling to get back to where I started. Won't look at it from an iPhone again!

I know there are some forum viewing apps, but I doubt they could fix this mess.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I've not been able to ever access this forum from a mobile browser (Chrome on Android). It loads the homepage, but trying to open any subforum just causes the browser to spin and spin.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Press and hold refresh button on browser to request desktop version. It's much simpler, ironically.

Reactions: yticolev

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Well I've only ever used this forum on my iPad and have never experienced what you guys are saying.....
Maybe it's user error? :D

·
Registered
725 Posts
Looks like these forums use vBulletin...

If the admin installed the Tapatalk plugin for vBulletin then we could use the Tapatalk app on a mobile.

I agree this forum is pretty much unusable on my iphone with its mobile web interface so I don't bother!

·
Registered
Ioniq EV SE 2017 (UK spec)
976 Posts
I've not been able to ever access this forum from a mobile browser (Chrome on Android). It loads the homepage, but trying to open any subforum just causes the browser to spin and spin.
Works fine on my Sony Experia Android V7.0 and Firefox.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just wish that when you clicked on a "Recent Discussion" it would default to the most recent comment (the PriusChat does that). Instead, we must scroll to the "last" page, then down to the last comment.

A minor issue, but if others can do it, I wish this forum would also.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Shall we have a tech issues thread for the forum then? I know I've had an issue with my gallery photos..
I was also thinking it would be cool to have an interactive map so we can tag our locations and show where we all are?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Press and hold refresh button on browser to request desktop version. It's much simpler, ironically.
Great, great tip. Works. Thanks, that will help me switch to desktop on other sites. It used to be standard design to have a link at bottom of pages to switch to desktop, but they seem to becoming rare. Now I know why, the choice is integrated into browsers. Let's see if my choice is sticky per URL, that would be even better.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I just wish that when you clicked on a "Recent Discussion" it would default to the most recent comment (the PriusChat does that). Instead, we must scroll to the "last" page, then down to the last comment.

A minor issue, but if others can do it, I wish this forum would also.
I have my forum preferences set to newest first, so the most recent comment is at the top when I visit a thread. I have to scroll to the bottom only if wishing to view older posts.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Err @Alien-S.. Pics or it didn't happen!
You're leaving an Outlander for an Ioniq????

·
Registered
843 Posts
Err @Alien-S.. Pics or it didn't happen!
You're leaving an Outlander for an Ioniq????
Economies of scale, M'dear!

Had the Outi for 2 years and my lease expired last Thursday - it's on **expensive** borrowed time, thanks to Hyundai's crap logistics!

Fact of the matter is, I love the EV side of it and hate the ICE. And it only manages about 20 miles on a full charge. My daily commute of 9.6 miles each way is just about achievable with the heater off (resistive, and heats the engine coolant) on EV.

I've wanted a full EV for some time but not been comfortable with the Leaf's range and looks, and can't afford a Tesla.

The Ioniq has a lot more punch (88kw motor vs 2 x 60kw, limited to 30kw each without the ICE running), and a few more gadgets. BUT, the Ioniq lease is a whole lot cheaper than I could have got another Outlander for in the same trim (but Ioniq still more than my Outi cost this past 2 years).

probably way better mpg and easier to park as not as big :)
The ioniq is probably the smallest car I've ever owned once I get it (or leased), came from a E-Class estate to the Outlander, and had a variety of motors from Ford Explorers to Chrysler 300C's prior to that.
Easier to park? Probably, but then again the E-Class did park itself...;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts