Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Try a company called Brodit.I have just looked on their uk site and they market the mounting platform £16.99 you then purchase relevant phone holder to fit mount (they supply these as well). I have had various mounts from them for my cars over the years and they are very good.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've got this one, also from Spigen. It has 6 magnets inside vs. the majority of the other holders only having 4. It's also using a square plate/magnet surface for more surface area and even distribution vs. the round ones. I have a Nexus 6P which is a large, heavy phone, probably "phablet" territory and it holds it just fine. I've also got the plate in between the phone and a plastic and rubber case and the magnet still holds great. I even tested it with trying to drive really hard with lots of g's turning at high speeds and it doesn't slip one bit. It grips the air vents well and the arm has a lot of movement that allows you to position it easily.

It comes with 2 plates (one for me and one for the wife) and was pretty inexpensive. Just keep in mind depending on what type of phone you have, placement of the metal plate can be critical because some phones have some functions that trigger when a magnet is near them such as locking the screen for magnetic covers/cases. I place mine just below the rear fingerprint reader as high up as I can get it as to not trigger the lock screen problem.

·
Registered
189 Posts
You can set it up however works best for you. The magnets are in the holder that goes in the air vent. What you put on your phone or in your case is the metal plate. I think they recommend attaching it to the back of your phone between the case and phone but I attached it to the inside of the case itself because I didn't want any residue on the phone itself if I remove the plate. I've read that some folks with really thick cases even just put the plate on the outside of their case. That wouldn't work for me since I would worry the plate would fall off after so many times of putting in and removing my phone from my pocket.

The inside of my case has a kind of fabric feel/coating to it, but the adhesive didn't have any problems sticking to it instead of my actual phone and as I mentioned, have had no issues with the magnets holding the phone in place.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Try a company called Brodit.I have just looked on their uk site and they market the mounting platform £16.99 you then purchase relevant phone holder to fit mount (they supply these as well). I have had various mounts from them for my cars over the years and they are very good.
I have had Brodit stuff in past and been very good. As I really want to use Apple car play, I will probably get one of the active cradles and try to have writing as tight as I can with the relevant leads etc.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Hopefully you guys are considering smart watches since that might give you all the information you would usually need from a phone rendering a phone mount useless, but of course everyone's needs vary. Personally, Smart Watch is my route.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts