Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 SE AWD
246 Posts
We have been using the ChargePoint Home Flex since last March with no problems. Most of the public charging options in our area are ChargePoint units and I like having one app that tracks our home and public charging.

·
Registered
109 Posts
My Limited Ioniq 5 will be here in about a month! already have the NEMA 14-50 outlet installed and was wondering about people's experience with Juicebox and Charge point as trying to decide which to order
Even though I received my 5 about 2 months ago, I have purchased a juice box 40 amp., hard wire. I picked that one for a couple of reason. The main being I am going to receive a rebate of $250.00 for it. I picked it because the reviews were very good and it was the highest amp on the rebate list. I haven’t had it installed yet.
One thing that is beginning to annoy me is the slow charging speed from the 150kw Electrify America charges. Only once has it charged at 135 kw. I set the pre conditioning probably 10 miles from the charger. Temp was 55 Fahrenheit. It started at 55kw and never got faster than 70.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Limited Lucid Blue
71 Posts
We love the Grizzle-e, excellent build quality (made in Canada), UL certified, amp output is adjustable to work with your circuit, simple to use, reliable. It's not wifi enabled but I've never felt a need for that because you can manage and monitor it all with the car settings and the Bluelink app.
I have the same, great unit, and my energy company gave me 50% refund of purchase and installation.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the Juicebox (hard wired) for about 2 months now and it works really well. Haven't used any other home chargers so I don't know that it is better or worse than anything else. It is 50% faster than the level 2 charger at my office (and much faster than the one at work that slows down when two cars charge). At one point there was a pretty good deal on it through Costco, but it had a shorter cable than I needed so I bought it direct. Like posters above I looked at reviews and it often was ranked in the top few, but it seemed like there were other good options, too.

I like that you just plug it in and it works without messing with settings, but if I want to see the history of charging I can use an app on my phone to do so. I'd hate to be dependent on the app to charge, but am happy to have it for confirmation of how charging went. (I used the app a lot the first few charges and now probably check it once every 5 to 10 charges to see how much energy I used and to estimate my efficiency).

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ 5 Limited
42 Posts
We love the Grizzle-e, excellent build quality (made in Canada), UL certified, amp output is adjustable to work with your circuit, simple to use, reliable. It's not wifi enabled but I've never felt a need for that because you can manage and monitor it all with the car settings and the Bluelink app.
I'll add my recommendation for the Grizzl-E. We love our for both our EVs!

·
Registered
7 Posts
My Limited Ioniq 5 will be here in about a month! already have the NEMA 14-50 outlet installed and was wondering about people's experience with Juicebox and Charge point as trying to decide which to order
I am facing the same question. State of Charge YouTube reviews chargers. The big advantage of the Chargepoint seems to be its cold weather flexibility. If you live in a warm climate, the extra cost of the chargepoint may not be worth it. We have a house in the Adirondacks, so I will probably go with the Chargepoint.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts