Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Also in the Netherlands, nowadays the norm for most houses is 3-phase. My 3-phase Zappi charger indeed charges the Ioniq 5 at 11 kW.
We need the UK Government to pay the electric supply companies to change to 3 phase or at least make it standard in new build homes, but I can't see that happening anytime soon and it would take many years to recoup the cost if we pay for it ourselves but if I had 3 phase already I would have gone for a 22kw charger.

I've found this handy comparison tool for UK EV tariffs where you can enter your car and see the best deal, they only have the two wheel I5 listed but it gives an idea of cost

www.smarthomecharge.co.uk/guides/energy-tariffs-how-to-keep-ev-charging-costs-low

·
Registered
27 Posts
My quote after grant for Hypervolt was £750 that is in south lincolnshire
Just received my quote (this was the lowest) for a Hypervolt installation of 869 GBP after 350 grant. Unfortunately I dont have any room in my current connection box so I need an additional unit! 150 GBP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The car already does that. I have mine set to only Charge after 9pm unless I press the override button next to the Charge door release.

Bluelink also allows you set charge times, I believe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ive just been quoted £1459 (before grants) for installation of Hypervolt charger. That sounds expensive to me !
I when for a OHME home charger, not the best looking but it's the smartest solution if you want to utilise cheap off peak energy at night to charge your car. ohme-ev.com

41 - 49 of 49 Posts