Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
no one outside my car can hear the reverse beeping. you can only hear it from inside the car when backing out. makes no sense lol. and yeah the silent car is nice but ive had so many pedestrians walk in front of me without looking in parking lots or even when crossing residential streets and then when they turn around and see the car, the jump and act startled. kinda funny

·
Registered
33 Posts
Listened again today for it and was really surprised to find the very quiet beeping comes from the front of the car! A bit counter productive I think..

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
46 Posts
The VESS unit sits in the front behind the crash bar. You can se the speaker grill under the aluminum crash bar. What you can se is sort of 1/3 of the whole unit. (The small black box above is the radar)

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Nice juicy wire there (ground?) that you might be able to snip through the grill. Unlikely but tempting. Doing so will probably result in dash warnings of course. It certainly looks like the only way to "fix" it is to remove the entire front fascia.

Off topic, but I don't see a place for a tow hook.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
46 Posts
Unplugging the unit gives a waring in the display. Open the unit to replace the speaker with a resistor would work.

Tow hook is the black hole in the crash bar.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Tow hook is the black hole in the crash bar.
I wondered about that, but I thought the leverage situation per what I could see of the crash bar looked like using that spot was a bad idea. Besides that caveat (apparently wrong) is it normal to have just one tow hook in front and one in back, off center?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I wondered about that, but I thought the leverage situation per what I could see of the crash bar looked like using that spot was a bad idea. Besides that caveat (apparently wrong) is it normal to have just one tow hook in front and one in back, off center?
I suspect the tow hook threads into a bung welded to the unibody, and that the hole in the crash bar is just to let the hook through. All our other Hyundai's have had just the one in the front and the one in the back, each off centre.

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I suspect the tow hook threads into a bung welded to the unibody, and that the hole in the crash bar is just to let the hook through. All our other Hyundai's have had just the one in the front and the one in the back, each off centre.
That makes sense. The Niro is the same of course.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The back up horn is a federal law, so unsuspecting pedestrians know you are backing up, as when backing the electric motor is used, no horn firewhen you are moving foreward

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in
43 Posts
I despise forced default behavior like the "warning" screen when one starts the car every time but I don't mind the VSS or the reversing beep--seem like very useful features (even if hypothetically the features were not required by law).

21 - 30 of 30 Posts