Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to purchase a 2020 SEL once I find one available. Reading this forum I've seen people state the battery has a Lifetime warranty. The US Hyundai website says this:

**The 10 years/100,000-Mile Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty applies to all U.S. 2020 model-year Ioniq Hybrids. The Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty ensures that if the lithium-ion polymer battery fails, Hyundai will replace the battery and cover recycling costs for the old battery free of charge to the original owner. The Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty does not apply to lease, commercial vehicles or vehicles serviced outside the U.S. Original Owner only. Warranty is non-transferable and not valid on exported vehicles.

So I can't figure out if the 2020 models have a Lifetime warranty or not. The above seems to say both. Can anyone clarify? Thanks for your help.

Martin

·
Registered
160 Posts
Its probably 10years/ 100k mi, warranty that it will have more than 70% capacity. And lifetime warranty that it will not completely fail.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq Plugin, Phantom black
124 Posts
I'm about to purchase a 2020 SEL once I find one available. Reading this forum I've seen people state the battery has a Lifetime warranty. The US Hyundai website says this:

**The 10 years/100,000-Mile Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty applies to all U.S. 2020 model-year Ioniq Hybrids. The Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty ensures that if the lithium-ion polymer battery fails, Hyundai will replace the battery and cover recycling costs for the old battery free of charge to the original owner. The Lifetime Hybrid/Electric Battery Warranty does not apply to lease, commercial vehicles or vehicles serviced outside the U.S. Original Owner only. Warranty is non-transferable and not valid on exported vehicles.

So I can't figure out if the 2020 models have a Lifetime warranty or not. The above seems to say both. Can anyone clarify? Thanks for your help.

Martin
I wouldn't bet on life time. I believe it is like other Hyundai warranted products in the US. i.e. 10 years.
Be glad. in Canada we have inferior warranties ..5 Years on powertrain, electronics and 8 years for the battery.
Be interesting to hear from other buyers. ...Canada, US or overseas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Its limited lifetime to the original owner of the car, otherwise its the 10/100 from what I was told at the dealer when we bought ours

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its limited lifetime to the original owner of the car, otherwise its the 10/100 from what I was told at the dealer when we bought ours
Same here.... original owner gets the best coverage. Anyone after that kinda gets boned. Still a decent warranty other companies cant even get close to.

·
Registered
260 Posts
For Hong Kong
5 yr warranty on the vehicle
8 yr (or 100,000km* whichever is earlier) warranty on the EV battery

*I think in Feb 2019, the distributor update the warranty on battery to 8 yrs unlimited mileage.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts