Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm curious when the battery cooling fan should kick off. Please see the attached photo. This is a screenshot of my last charging session. When the battery temp was approx 21 C then the charging speed was 175Kw but when the battery temp increased to 31-25 C the charging speed decreased to 123Kw. Could be a case that BMS decreased the speed but maybe the charger decreased the speed for some reason.
Do you think that the fan should kick off and cool the battery or there is something wrong with my car??

After finishing the charging session, I switch on the car and the cooling temp increased to around 28C. It seems that the coolant took away the heat when switching the car but the battery temp stayed at the same level.
Font Line Electronic device Rectangle Pattern

·
Registered
58 Posts
What was the State of Charge when the Speed dropped to 123kw...

As your screenshot shows 73% Which is around the 70% point it would be throttling down due to state of charge,

Rectangle Slope Font Plot Parallel

Comparing it to the EV6, we dont see the Cooling fan kick in til Bat Max Hits 40/45c so would assume the ioniq5 is roughly the same

As for the temp increasing when you drive, we see that in our EV6 and our old Kona it seems the warmer fluid from the centre of the battery washes back with the movement and the sensor sees a temp increase, as the temp is not high enough to need the pump running

1 - 2 of 2 Posts