Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed today that battery conditioning is now an option in the menu in my car (Project 45, UK).

It was at the dealer today for a repair, so assume they must have done some updates. The entertainment system doesn't show any update, I'm on the June 2022 version still.

Font Gas Parallel Personal computer Electric blue

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
734 Posts
Weird, the wording though still is the old wording, not the newer one where it talks about navigating to a DC charging station will start battery conditioning so battery temps are optimal.

This is getting more confusing now.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - Project 45
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh that's interesting if there is different wording. Will be interesting to see what other people get and whether I need further updates to get the full functionality.

·
Registered
Digital Teal Ioniq 5 SEL AWD
42 Posts
Hmmmm interesting.. And you had winter mode before?

My Ioniq 5 will be going into the dealer a month from now, I put a request in for them to update all the modules/software as well in hopes that the latest version of the software will have Battery Conditioning Mode, since late MY22 US cars have had it. Crossing my fingers! I figured it'd be part of the troubleshooting process anyways, since my car is experiencing a network/connection issue where the GPS location doesn't update, it doesn't recognize road signs, and HDA doesn't engage (because it thinks i'm at home, not on a highway). Saying a prayer this'll add battery conditioning mode, otherwise there's gonna be a whole lot more complaining to do.​

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah the photo for the real battery conditioning mode is here: Someone got Battery Conditioning Mode!
Looks like maybe the shorter wording is what's being used in Europe as on this German forum the 3rd post from the top shows a picture with the short wording but still has the red icon so looks like the pre-conditioning works.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would you have you have a pic of your Firmware serial number so I can check this out with my dealer please? Have you navigated to a charger to see if the battery heater kicks in? Cheers.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My AWD SEL 2022 in the US has the same winter mode preconditioning messaging.
Uh, but isn't the point that while the "message" is the same the title has changed from "Winter Mode" to "Battery conditioning mode" ?

Would be nice if OP get some chilly (<15 C?) weather to test whether preconditioning is happening (set fast charger as destination, then when you get there see whether car has burned any kW on battery conditioning).

·
Registered
896 Posts
Would you have you have a pic of your Firmware serial number so I can check this out with my dealer please? Have you navigated to a charger to see if the battery heater kicks in? Cheers.
I do not think we can see the firmware updates or versions. Certainly never seen any change on mine when updates have been done by the dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts