Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit for an Ionic 5 on March 4, and just got a call with some bad news from my dealer.
He has been informed by Hyundai that the earliest for delivery time will be 18 to 24 months.
His offer was to refund my deposit, or leave it to save a spot in line for when they do become available.
Not sure what to do with that.
Wow!! Up to a 2 year wait!

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Echo 1.6L NA 4 Door Hatch
155 Posts
In two years your not going to even want one of these there is so much coming out now
Maybe. But you will probably be waiting for those as well. I put a deposit down for an ID.4 in Aug 2021, who knows when that will be ready. 🤷‍♀️

Just gotta keep throwin down deposits and hodl until something becomes available.

·
Registered
Ordered Atlas White Ultimate - Waiting patiently
14 Posts
Wow, I bought it the day after you on March 05, 2022. Guess we are getting a 2024 model. Better battery! More features and options! ! Wishful thinking :unsure:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Maybe. But you will probably be waiting for those as well. I put a deposit down for an ID.4 in Aug 2021, who knows when that will be ready. 🤷‍♀️

Just gotta keep throwin down deposits and hodl until something becomes available.
Watch 60 minuets from last Sunday VW tells of there problems. they are sitting there on a stopped line waiting for chips

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put a deposit down on a 2022 in January. I've been getting emails from Hyundai monthly estimating that my car will be built in November. The latest email says the estimate is now the second half of 2023! I'm in Manitoba, so have I been put off in preference to Ontario, Quebec and BC like VW did with the into of the id.4?

·
Registered
I5 LR RWD> RIP-Audi S4
435 Posts
I put a deposit down on a 2022 in January. I've been getting emails from Hyundai monthly estimating that my car will be built in November. The latest email says the estimate is now the second half of 2023! I'm in Manitoba, so have I been put off in preference to Ontario, Quebec and BC like VW did with the into of the id.4?
only time will tell but probably, all anyone can do is wait

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
552 Posts
There's nothing coming out now, hence the 2 years + waiting time from almost all manufacturers.
But that fisker I keep seeing ads for on instagram.

Yeah, availability will continue to contract, prices will continue to go up, even new models are SOL (Q4 delayed indefinitely due to production issues, etc). Really weird times going forward which is why my folks gave up on their ID.4 reservation that kept getting bumped and went with a Polestar 2 and I've had several friends go from EV to PHEV snapping up Sorrento PHEV and XC60 PHEV instead as they, rightly, assume it's just going to get more crappy for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Based on the multiple threads related to Canadian orders, they are clearly having trouble getting through the backlog of MY2022 orders, and I suspect many will actually arrive as MY2023 cars. I also think, because of that, there will be little to no new MY2023 allocation. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next time order books open in Canada it is for the MY2024 if they aren’t even delivering some cars until H2 2023. I hope I’m wrong, but if you’re saying 18-24 months that timeline makes sense.

·
Registered
2022 IONIQ5 Limited AWD Cyber Gray
552 Posts
Based on the multiple threads related to Canadian orders, they are clearly having trouble getting through the backlog of MY2022 orders, and I suspect many will actually arrive as MY2023 cars. I also think, because of that, there will be little to no new MY2023 allocation. I wouldn’t be surprised if the next time order books open in Canada it is for the MY2024 if they aren’t even delivering some cars until H2 2023. I hope I’m wrong, but if you’re saying 18-24 months that timeline makes sense.
And, like markups, it's across all kinds of models, industries, forms of motivation. A buddy's turbo maverick order was just declined and he was asked to wait for the next years order books to open, same with mach e, and lightening too. Cars are just super super scarce.

·
Registered
167 Posts
are you allowed to by a us car and register it in CN.

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 AWD - Galactic Grey - OZ Edition
74 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an awd ultimate on order, March 4 2022....I was tradng my pickup for it......since reading threads and talking to dealer I decided down size now for a small car....used....still feel sick. I don't even think I got a good deal... but 1 to 2 years away I had to do it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts