Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the auto setting:- one move up on the [stork] and is it safe to leave in this position?
Manual says leave in the ‘0’ position but then this would not be automatically wiping on Detection of water

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Is the auto setting:- one move up on the [stork] and is it safe to leave in this position?
Manual says leave in the ‘0’ position but then this would not be automatically wiping on Detection of water
Perfectly safe.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Well, it wouldn't be safe if you forget to turn it off and go through a car wash! Why not just leave it off unless raining? You have the muscle memory already trained for that.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I leave mine on auto but I do find if I set off in light rain, they need a nudge to start going

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've had auto wipers in my last 2 cars and hate them, would much rather be able to set the interval manually. It's one advantage the Premium has over the Premium SE for me.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I leave mine in the OFF state as I usually would first start with downward flicks for a single wipe before changing to auto (which I don't like over much) or a repeating wipe.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Leaving the windscreen wipers in auto whilst parked overnight can be a problem if the wipers freeze to the screen. When you turn the car on in the morning the auto system can try to wipe the screen but the wipers won't move.
D F

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Well, it wouldn't be safe if you forget to turn it off and go through a car wash! Why not just leave it off unless raining? You have the muscle memory already trained for that.

Well then, the automation has failed to accommodate the idiot user - Proof of the old adage: "Nothing is foolproof to a suffciently talented fool!"... >:) :crying:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Leaving the windscreen wipers in auto whilst parked overnight can be a problem if the wipers freeze to the screen. When you turn the car on in the morning the auto system can try to wipe the screen but the wipers won't move.
D F
I have to say, on all my cars, not just the ioniq, if it freezes overnight the first thing I do when going to the car in the morning is lift the wipers off the screen...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey, you fellows in the UK have auto wipers? We don't have that in the US.
Yes, and we can specify how wet the windscreen is before the wiper moves so that very light rain gets wiped 'occasionally' and heavy rain will effectively turn the wipers full on.

But don't leave them on if you have a car washer that you have to drive through. >:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts