Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The brochure lists auto de-fog as a standard feature on the premium SE. Is this feature switched on all the time and only activates when the windscreen is fogged up?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have what I have on my current Kia Soul. It is very rapid at clearing the screen. I just wondered how this is automatic on the premium SE?

·
Registered
164 Posts
If you press and hold the front demist button for 3 seconds you can toggle front window Automatic De-mist System ON or OFF. The display near this button will show "ADS OFF" when disabled.
If the button does not react when pressing and holding, I assume you don't have ADS.
I'm not sure if all different trims around the world do have ADS. Here in The Netherlands they do.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
How does the car know when the windscreen is fogged up?
I'm not sure.
There is a camera for the LKAS system and a rain sensor for the automatic wiper option. I assume it can use this to 'see' if the window is fogged up?
Having said that, then it could be no rain-sensor = no ADS on the lowest trim level, but i'm guessing here. I really don't know how the systems work.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My "executive" trim has ADS, but I am not very satisfied with it. It does detect mist: no problem with that. But it provides a very mild demist action, milder that when manually actionning demist. This "gradual response" is probably designed to save power, but I don't like to drive with mist, even to save fuel! ADS fails to switch the AC on, which in my experience is the reliable way to demist. So when I get mist and see the ADS switching on, I override it by turning the AC on.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Just ordered the Premium SE but our i20 has the auto demist also. I think its a humidity sensor at the top of the screen built in with the bits that determine if its raining for the auto wipers.

In the i20 it just works and to be honest you don't really notice it as being intrusive other than the demist indicator coming on and off on the console. Seems to work well though

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome martinhj

Please introduce yourself over on the new member introduction thread,

Have you been given a rough date for the arrival of your Ioniq?

I moved from a i20 SE to a Ioniq premium, only has the i20 18 months had to change due to milage

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yeah will do.....got the i20 Sport 3dr for the Mrs. ordered myself the Ioniq last week and assured it will be registered before the car tax changes but wil get it at the dealers early next month sometime date TBD

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah will do.....got the i20 Sport 3dr for the Mrs. ordered myself the Ioniq last week and assured it will be registered before the car tax changes but wil get it at the dealers early next month sometime date TBD
i had this same comment, and when i pressed them on the matter of how the are going to register a car which isnt in the country, they started to wobble and then offer me a chunk of money off, because they new they wouldnt be able to do it.

I would ask them how exactly they are going to achieve the registration and if pressed asked for money off...

·
Registered
725 Posts
Welcome martinhj

Please introduce yourself over on the new member introduction thread,

Have you been given a rough date for the arrival of your Ioniq?

I moved from a i20 SE to a Ioniq premium, only has the i20 18 months had to change due to milage
Inerestingly, did you have the static cornering lights on the i20? If so how does the Ioniq's lights compare without them. I find the SCL really good on our dark unlit roads!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts