Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

does anyone know if you can have the auto brake come on when you turn off the car. I used to have a car that automatically applied the brake when you turned the engine off. I always keep forgetting to put it on and get that movement on getting out. Cant seem to find it in settings !

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't think you can, it's one of my gripes with the car as well. If you use auto-hold (holds the brakes when you come to a stop in normal driving) then it will do that but if you don't like it then there's not much you can do.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi

does anyone know if you can have the auto brake come on when you turn off the car. I used to have a car that automatically applied the brake when you turned the engine off. I always keep forgetting to put it on and get that movement on getting out. Cant seem to find it in settings !
Everytime I turn my car off it auto applies the brake I hear it come on.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’ve noticed in the manual it states:

electronic parking brake maybe automatically applied when:

1. requested by other systems
2. The driver turns the vehicle off whilst auto hold is operating

·
Registered
43 Posts
I’ve noticed in the manual it states:

electronic parking brake maybe automatically applied when:

1. requested by other systems
2. The driver turns the vehicle off whilst auto hold is operating
Yes I always have auto hold on so that’s probably why it puts it on for me then.Just so you know you may have the enable auto hold each time you go out in your car as it doesn’t leave it selected once you turn your car off then come back to it to go out again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes I always have auto hold on so that’s probably why it puts it on for me then.Just so you know you may have the enable auto hold each time you go out in your car as it doesn’t leave it selected once you turn your car off then come back to it to go out again.
They should really fix that all possible vehicle settings in the car are saved at any time in the current active drivers profile.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wonder if it’s a software issue. Maybe the latest software? Which version do you have ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
They should really fix that all possible vehicle settings in the car are saved at any time in the current active drivers profile.
I could be wrong I will have to double check next time I go out in it.I don’t know if it may even be the remote parking that disables it as I use the remote to get the car to reverse its self into my garage.I will have to double check on it Iv never paid that much attention to it tbf.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If I understand correctly, then the electronic parking brake is applied automatically when switching off the car.

The auto-hold button, when set to on, applies the normal brakes when the car is stopped (I.e. no need to keep the foot on the brake, the car won't creep forward even when in forward gear). The brakes are released as soon as the accelerator pedal is engaged.

·
Registered
50 Posts
If I understand correctly, then the electronic parking brake is applied automatically when switching off the car.

The auto-hold button, when set to on, applies the normal brakes when the car is stopped (I.e. no need to keep the foot on the brake, the car won't creep forward even when in forward gear). The brakes are released as soon as the accelerator pedal is engaged.
yes, but inexplicably, the electronic parking brake is only automatically applied when auto hold is turned on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts