Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
101 - 120 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I snagged a blue RWD on the crazy open server day they had. Received an email confirm about the 2k deposit within the hour.
It was hard to tell if options were really sold out or just their system was just not getting the data it needed. You could switch between options and the availability would phase in and out.

·
Registered
MY20 Kona Highlander electric
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I snagged a blue RWD on the crazy open server day they had. Received an email confirm about the 2k deposit within the hour.
It was hard to tell if options were really sold out or just their system was just not getting the data it needed. You could switch between options and the availability would phase in and out.
Congratulations.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm wondering, has anyone else had a $2000 deposit taken, then told "no car available and we will contact you in 24 hours"?

I've had no communication from Hyundai at all. No call. Not even a receipt.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Back at ya! You got Blue AWD right?
I ticked the trade in box, be interesting to see what they offer for my Kona Highlander
Yep, blue AWD. I also ticked the trade box. The Red Book values for 2019 Kona Highlanders are
Private Price Guide$52,300 - $56,700
*Trade In Price Guide$44,100 - $48,500
*Average Km30,000 - 50,000
Not bad for a car with a current list price of $64.000. Also suggests IONIQ 5 will hold its price as well, although these are unusual times.

Local dealer suggested I go for private sale first, but his used car guys are keen to sell second hand EVs if I have any trouble.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm wondering, has anyone else had a $2000 deposit taken, then told "no car available and we will contact you in 24 hours"?

I've had no communication from Hyundai at all. No call. Not even a receipt.
I’m in a similar situation. My deposit has been taken. The message on the portal at the end of the ordering process read: “ Congratulations, you've secured your place in the queue for an IONIQ5.”
There has been no follow up email. I’ve rung Hyundai twice because I was worried I’d entered the wrong email address. I confirmed my details with them and I was told that the team were working their way through all the orders and I should be contacted by the end of the week. Still waiting.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Interesting. Haven’t heard anything more from head office but local dealer has been in touch to say Ioniq 5 arrived on loan from HMCA and I’ll hopefully be having a test drive next week. This whole thing is getting very real after existing as a phantom for 9 months.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I confirmed my details with them and I was told that the team were working their way through all the orders and I should be contacted by the end of the week. Still waiting.
I'm up to 17 days of waiting so don't expect a call this week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ah the penny just dropped for me on no Bluelink support in the launch model. Hyundai Australia have dropped support for Autolink in all new models, so I guess (hopefully) they are transitioning to Bluelink. I wonder if my Autolink can plug straight into the Ioniq and do the basic stuff. Lock doors when I forget and precool the car is pretty much it.
HMCA really should have had Bluelink sorted before dropping Autolink.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm up to 17 days of waiting so don't expect a call this week.
The only time I've gotten a response was when I thoroughly harassing them with emails once a day.
Ah the penny just dropped for me on no Bluelink support in the launch model. Hyundai Australia have dropped support for Autolink in all new models, so I guess (hopefully) they are transitioning to Bluelink. I wonder if my Autolink can plug straight into the Ioniq and do the basic stuff. Lock doors when I forget and precool the car is pretty much it.
HMCA really should have had Bluelink sorted before dropping Autolink.
It won't be a drop in replacement. They're handled completely differently.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After sending the CEO an email I got my call from Hyundai a few minutes ago

I was offered AWD Black and Teal and in 2WD Gray and White ( I didn't ask for ETA - sorry chaps) or a wait of 6 to 8 months for Blue.

I have lost faith in having a happy motoring experience with Hyundai, so elected for a refund.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow what did you say in the email?

I was offered AWD Black and Teal and in 2WD Gray and White ( I didn't ask for ETA - sorry chaps) or a wait of 6 to 8 months for Blue.

I have lost faith in having a happy motoring experience with Hyundai, so elected for a refund.
Wait, 2WD White is still available?? That's what I ordered and I got the "Unfortunately, ... we've been unable to allocate a vehicle" message at the payment confirmation page and no follow up email.

I've also just called Hyundai earlier. I asked the rep whether they received more deposit payments than the number of cars available.

The rep I talked to confirmed that they did receive more deposit payments than the number of cars available. He also confirmed that those who received an allocation success message on the payment confirmation page and an email confirmation will definitely get allocated a car. Everyone else, like me who got an unsuccessful allocation message and no follow up email, will receive a call from them in the next week to notify us that they don't have a car for us and will refund our deposit. Our only option, for now, is to register our interest for the next release.

I also asked whether those of us who paid a deposit but not secured a car this time will get priority for the next release, or will it be a 'reset' and it will be free-for-all again. He said at this time, it's a 'reset' and free-for-all again, which sucks.

·
Registered
68 Posts

I'm amazed you got a teal. From what I understand, that has a longer queue than the blue.

You could always get any colour car and wrap it. At least that way you can get a car with colour rather than shades of grey.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I'm amazed you got a teal. From what I understand, that has a longer queue than the blue.

You could always get any colour car and wrap it. At least that way you can get a car with colour rather than shades of grey.
A bright red Ioniq 5 would really stand out 🙂

·
Registered
6 Posts
After paying $2k and getting the no car left message on Tuesday, I just got offered a blue RWD (what I wanted). Apparently the message telling me they had no car allocated was a website error. No timeframe was provided, just confirming that I still wanted it and someone will be in touch soon with more details.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've also just called Hyundai earlier. I asked the rep whether they received more deposit payments than the number of cars available.
Are you able to get someone on the phone who knows anything about anything? Every poor person I've spoken to has no information about what's going on or even knows the early orders exist. The last one just launched into the script for people who missed out on Tuesday after I explained my situation.

Maybe I need that CEO's email address.

Edit: And I don't mean to criticise the people on the phone - they're just trying to answer questions with the limited information they've been given. The group handling sales and outbound calls don't seem connected with the group taking inbound calls.

101 - 120 of 283 Posts