Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
81 - 100 of 283 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
400 = 270? How the heck does that happen? These are cars that are already manufactured and part way through the logistics route. They have VIN's and records.

And they set up a sales system, where one chooses colour, click for another 90 minutes, deposit taken and only then do they say - whoops we are out of blue, so you can wait or cancel. Nothing sensible like " we are out of blue, would you care for black or teal?"

If the advice above is correct, and AWD Blue was sold out last week, then it's worse. It showed as available in the first step of the 2 hour ordering process, but apparently, it never was.

I get better service when I buy a $7 burger than when I buy a $79k car, and it is not just Hyundai, I have experienced frustration with other brands.

I think I would rather go to the dentist than buy a car: at least the dentist gives me painkillers

·
Registered
69 Posts
And they set up a sales system, where one chooses colour, click for another 90 minutes, deposit taken and only then do they say - whoops we are out of blue, so you can wait or cancel.
From what others have said, it sounds like the system checked at each step what was in stock, but didn't reserve a particular configuration for an individual until the final step was complete, so in that 90 minutes others with the same config were able to complete the final step.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah based on the earlier orders AWD in blue looks to have already sold out before today unfortunately.
I was seemingly able to secure a lucid blue order today (confirmed email). Strangely not the galactic grey (sold out on final page despite taking my deposit) so I retried with the blue.

·
Registered
11 Posts
400 = 270? How the heck does that happen? These are cars that are already manufactured and part way through the logistics route. They have VIN's and records.

And they set up a sales system, where one chooses colour, click for another 90 minutes, deposit taken and only then do they say - whoops we are out of blue, so you can wait or cancel. Nothing sensible like " we are out of blue, would you care for black or teal?"

If the advice above is correct, and AWD Blue was sold out last week, then it's worse. It showed as available in the first step of the 2 hour ordering process, but apparently, it never was.

I get better service when I buy a $7 burger than when I buy a $79k car, and it is not just Hyundai, I have experienced frustration with other brands.

I think I would rather go to the dentist than buy a car: at least the dentist gives me painkillers
I don't believe blue was sold out previously. I have an order for the blue.
Matte gold, teal and grey seemed to sell out first (they went from 'order now' to 'register interest' on my browser within the first few minutes).

·
Registered
11 Posts
To be honest, the ordering process was a nightmare. All six steps it kept hanging. Took >1 hour to get through. Not an exceptional start to the customer experience.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Interesting. I suspect you may be waiting until later in the year as there are a few AWD blue orders from last month who I believe we're advised theirs are still not in country.
It'll certainly be an interesting few days. It's odd that the blue seemed to be sold out in the earlier ordering round, but in today's round it was the gold/teal/grey. Cancellations perhaps?

My understanding from speaking with someone loosely connected to this is that the 240 will deliver shortly and the remaining 160 later in the year (maybe Dec). So that should mean all 240 relatively soon. Time will tell. Test drive booked for Saturday though.

Of interest - you mention some blue order holders being advised of delays. Is that from a different forum?

·
Registered
68 Posts
It'll certainly be an interesting few days. It's odd that the blue seemed to be sold out in the earlier ordering round, but in today's round it was the gold/teal/grey. Cancellations perhaps?

My understanding from speaking with someone loosely connected to this is that the 240 will deliver shortly and the remaining 160 later in the year (maybe Dec). So that should mean all 240 relatively soon. Time will tell. Test drive booked for Saturday though.

Of interest - you mention some blue order holders being advised of delays. Is that from a different forum?
I have an order for a blue awd in NSW and was told my car is built awaiting shipping. Rough due date is November / December.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an order for a blue awd in NSW and was told my car is built awaiting shipping. Rough due date is November / December.
I imagine I’ll be told the same then.
Are there actually any cars in Australia (excl media cars)? Or are they all waiting to be shipped?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I imagine I’ll be told the same then.
Are there actually any cars in Australia (excl media cars)? Or are they all waiting to be shipped?
There are cars here, those who have received or will soon get contracts will have cars that are already here.

·
Registered
2021 Chevy Bolt, reserved Ioniq 5
456 Posts
Reminds me of Christmas Eve. OH the anticipation. Maybe we will get the same experience in the US by Christmas.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone else receive a phone call today advising their order has been received but test drives are delayed?

·
Registered
MY20 Kona Highlander electric
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
I’ve been trying to get something from them for weeks. And now have.

Well at least I know roughly where car is. Just got call from Hyundai. Our lucid blue pearl AWD is apparently on a ship between Korea & Australia. Have been told it should arrive 3rd week of November. He apologised a lot about delays in contacting me, but said there were only 4 people dealing with the customer service. Can you believe that? He also mentioned their server crashed yesterday. What a surprise.

Now I know he’s fudging a bit because shipping time from Korea to Sydney is only 20 days (Melbourne is 23days), so I suspect it’s not quite yet on the ship. But at least I have some certainty. When I bought my Kona EV they predicted it’s arrival at our dealer 6 weeks in advance, almost to the hour! And it was still on the production line when they gave me the date. So I’m willing to believe the arrival timing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Our lucid blue pearl AWD is apparently on a ship between Korea & Australia. Have been told it should arrive 3rd week of November.
Thanks TRT. Did your contract have estimated delivery date of 29/10? If so, and presuming you ordered during the priority access on 27th Sept like I did, I guess my Blue AWD will be on the same boat (with another three days to get to Melbourne) and be a month later than expected. No wonder no one wants to call me.

·
Registered
MY20 Kona Highlander electric
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
I did order on 27 September, but this is the first contact I’ve had with Hyundai. And this is the first delivery date I’ve been given.

81 - 100 of 283 Posts