Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
461 - 480 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
FYI
I asked Rubbertree about the difference between the All Weather Rubber Car Mats and the Heavy Duty Rubber Car Mats.
"The difference in our rubber is the surfaces, some of our all weather comes lipped this is selected styles only, is great for the everyday life as it has what we call a HEX surface this catches all spills, dirt, liquids & contains them in that one location. The heavy duty has a honeycomb surface this would be recommend for tradesmen, farmers or anyone who needs extra protection in their vehicle. Both are extremely good"

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - on order
17 Posts
My Ioniq has just arrived at dealer & I will pick up next week. Dealer expects that usual Hyundai freebies will come with it, but I will need to check with HMCA. So i am expecting, subject to me getting it serviced at Hyundai every 12 months:
  1. servicing for first 5 years ($220/year & about $800 in 5th year), or you can buy a pre-paid service plan - which I think is a waste of money for an EV. First 1500 km service is free.
  2. basic roadside assistance for up to 10 years (you can pay more for extra benefits)
  3. annual sat nav updates
  4. service reminders
  5. wait for an hour or so for each service, rather than leave car all day
I’ll need to confirm this, but that’s what I expect. Note that if you miss an annual service Hyundai can terminate these benefits, although my dealer said if you’re late for a service you’re just not covered for the period between the anniversary of your purchase date & when you get car serviced.
Hello all - I can confirm that all of TRT's expectations do apply to our new Ioniq 5's. Had it confirmed by HMCA yesterday via email:
(Thanks TRT)

"I understand there are a few things included when buying a new Hyundai -

1: First 1500 km service is free.
2: Basic roadside assistance for up to 10 years (you can pay more for extra benefits)
3: Annual sat nav updates
4: Service reminders
5: Wait for an hour or so for each service, rather than leave car all day

is all of this included if I get the Ioniq 5 serviced at Hyundai every 12 months?"

"Correct, all 5 items are included when servicing at a Hyundai Dealership and is included in your Service Warranty Passport.

Note: the 1500km service is complementary.
let me know if you have any further questions.
Kind regards,

Hyundai Australia"

·
Registered
6 Posts
If anyone is after some tailored car mats and sun shades for their Ioniq 5, rubbertree is having a Black Friday 15% off sale with the coupon code FRIDAY15
I'd already ordered the boot liner and bumper protector from Rubbertree, just beware the transaction was processed in NZ so I was hit with bank charges for an overseas transaction. If I'd known before I would have used another card. Not sure on ETA, were ordered on 16/11. Boot liner is coming from NZ, the bumper protector from China.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #467 ·
Well……..
Picked up lucid blue pearl AWD this morning. Remarkable, both the car itself and the learning curve I’ve started climbing. I’ve upgraded from a Kona EV so quite a few functions are similar, especially steering wheel controls. Some totally new features that are fun to engage with or in some cases stumble across. Did a run for a couple of hundred kms to try it out. Very wet & windy conditions but reasonably happy with consumption.

In a word it’s fun. I know some have had issues, but so far (after 8 hours) none for me. And a lot of complaints (though not all I acknowledge) seem to be either unfamiliarity with EVs or what I classify as first world problems. But it’s early days of course.

What I like most = the roominess, head clearance, responsiveness (although not as nippy as the Kona).
What I like least = difficulty fitting in garage, brakes.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 / RWD / 73kw / Lucid Blue
26 Posts
Well……..
Picked up lucid blue pearl AWD this morning. Remarkable, both the car itself and the learning curve I’ve started climbing. I’ve upgraded from a Kona EV so quite a few functions are similar, especially steering wheel controls. Some totally new features that are fun to engage with or in some cases stumble across. Did a run for a couple of hundred kms to try it out. Very wet & windy conditions but reasonably happy with consumption.

In a word it’s fun. I know some have had issues, but so far (after 8 hours) none for me. And a lot of complaints (though not all I acknowledge) seem to be either unfamiliarity with EVs or what I classify as first world problems. But it’s early days of course.

What I like most = the roominess, head clearance, responsiveness (although not as nippy as the Kona).
What I like least = difficulty fitting in garage, brakes.
that’s awesome news! I just spoke with the dealer in Brisbane and they have just received 16 x i5s including my blue RWD. Hopefully I’ll be able to pick up by the end of next week.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I picked up my blue awd. I love almost everything about it.

I hate the turning circle, the width also makes it a bit hard to park but I'll get used to it.

The dealer also happened to give me the wrong spare key and owners manual. Luckily I was only 15 min from the owner they swapped my stuff with and we fixed that today.

One nice thing I noticed is that if it's raining, it maintains awd rather than disconnecting the front motor.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD MY22 Launch Edition
34 Posts
Big day for I5s kept seems. I too picked up my Teal RWD today from Alejandro at Ryde. The car is a dream. The colour is perfect. Drove it home 300 km and felt more refreshed than any other car I've driven. Only disappointment is the sound system quality even after tweaking the equaliser. Not a deal breaker. The car is brilliant!

edit:Big day for I5s it seems

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just looking at the front of the Ioniq 5. The dealer chose the long, narrow NSW plate. The bracket it attaches to is black and a different shape. Anyone know a way to find a bracket that matches the dimensions of the rego plate?
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
34 Posts
Last one for the first night. Now charging on off-peak. I went for the Hypervolt instead of the Zappi, mostly for its looks and the ability to wrap the cable around the unit so that it organises and hides the cable. The features seem about the same for Hypervolt and Zappi.

Installed it on a new 40 A circuit so that if it draws the max 32 A on a warm day, it won't trip. The dash readout shows that it's charging at between 7.2 and 7.4 kW. Impressed that the Hypervolt can charge at that rate.

To paraphrase Sam Spade / Bogart, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship (if it's possible to befriend your BEV).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congrats Orarian!! Colour looks great.
I think NSW black and white plates only come in that slimline size?
I test drove at Ryde and I am sure the car had black and white plates but cannot remember what the front mount plate looked like.
You would think that there must a more subtle mount plate available.
See Tesla Tom latest video confirming charging capabilities

·
Registered
118 Posts
Anyone know a way to find a bracket that matches the dimensions of the rego plate?
I'll watch with interest - I chose slimline plates since the standard size look ugly, but a slimline plate on that bracket will be worse.

The press cars had brackets which suited Euro plates which are slim but even wider, i.e. https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/...37AC2QQBFF8UP5ZT4R/IONIQ5-10.jpg?format=1500w

Edit: A generic backing plate like this might work

·
Registered
2019/20 Kona Highlander Electric
30 Posts
Just looking at the front of the Ioniq 5. The dealer chose the long, narrow NSW plate. The bracket it attaches to is black and a different shape. Anyone know a way to find a bracket that matches the dimensions of the rego plate?
Yeah the Kona EV was the same, I kept mine as is for the 2 years I've had it. Teal looks pretty good, lots of variation in the angles and lights.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #479 ·
I'll be coming from a 15 year old manual so the learning curve will be quite something. Not much in the way of gadgets in the old 307.
Everyone is different but i’d recommend doing what we did with our first electric car. Just start by driving it like a normal car and add in features as you come across them over time. My wife never used a lot of the functions on the last EV, but enjoyed it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I picked up my blue awd. I love almost everything about it.

I hate the turning circle, the width also makes it a bit hard to park but I'll get used to it.

The dealer also happened to give me the wrong spare key and owners manual. Luckily I was only 15 min from the owner they swapped my stuff with and we fixed that today.

One nice thing I noticed is that if it's raining, it maintains awd rather than disconnecting the front motor.
I'm new here, with an I5 just on order, so forgive my question if it is obvious.

Is there something that indicates that AWD is disabled, or at least that the front motor is disconnected? And there isn't any control, is there, that lets you disable AWD?

Thanks...

461 - 480 of 608 Posts