Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
421 - 440 of 608 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
PAYG has roadside assistance if you do all the scheduled servicing. 1 service a year that costs less than NRMA, kind of makes it a no brainer. Although I haven't had to use it so not sure how well it goes. I use BudgetDirect insurance and their roadside assist is $70 bucks a year I think, have used that a couple of times on our secondary ICE car. Private contract service people who are just as fast and adept as NRMA.
Thanks, after years of being with NRMA, I realise how badly I was being over charged. I ended up going with youi, but that was because I hadnt known anyone who dealt with budget direct. So good to know for next time. The lady at youi was pretty excited to be issuing her first cover for ioniq5 which was nice.

·
Registered
2019/20 Kona Highlander Electric
30 Posts
Those who have had evs before, what insurance provider have you found to be best for evs? Or is there no such thing in au yet?
I haven't seen any incentives yet, still just using BudgetDirect. Only thing I do is make sure its good comprehensive insurance as EV's are quite expensive and hold their value. Definitely lots of movement in energy retailers for EV's though. YMMV based on state / retailer availability.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - on order
17 Posts
Thanks for the info Mr P. PAYG sounds like the go. If I want to go that route I assume I just tell the dealer I will bring the IONIQ 5 in at the scheduled service intervals and pay then?

·
Registered
2019/20 Kona Highlander Electric
30 Posts
Thanks for the info Mr P. PAYG sounds like the go. If I want to go that route I assume I just tell the dealer I will bring the IONIQ 5 in at the scheduled service intervals and pay then?
Well if its the I5 you are talking about the dealers don't have a say in the matter currently. You cant ask anything of them at the moment so you would have to go PAYG when its due for a service. The dealer I spoke too with test drive couldn't even answer on how servicing was going to unfold. The dealers being cut out is the controversy in most of this thread.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
My Ioniq has just arrived at dealer & I will pick up next week. Dealer expects that usual Hyundai freebies will come with it, but I will need to check with HMCA. So i am expecting, subject to me getting it serviced at Hyundai every 12 months:
  1. servicing for first 5 years ($220/year & about $800 in 5th year), or you can buy a pre-paid service plan - which I think is a waste of money for an EV. First 1500 km service is free.
  2. basic roadside assistance for up to 10 years (you can pay more for extra benefits)
  3. annual sat nav updates
  4. service reminders
  5. wait for an hour or so for each service, rather than leave car all day
I’ll need to confirm this, but that’s what I expect. Note that if you miss an annual service Hyundai can terminate these benefits, although my dealer said if you’re late for a service you’re just not covered for the period between the anniversary of your purchase date & when you get car serviced.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 - on order
17 Posts
My Ioniq has just arrived at dealer & I will pick up next week. Dealer expects that usual Hyundai freebies will come with it, but I will need to check with HMCA. So i am expecting, subject to me getting it serviced at Hyundai every 12 months:
  1. servicing for first 5 years ($220/year & about $800 in 5th year), or you can buy a pre-paid service plan - which I think is a waste of money for an EV. First 1500 km service is free.
  2. basic roadside assistance for up to 10 years (you can pay more for extra benefits)
  4. service reminders
I’ll need to confirm this, but that’s what I expect. Note that if you miss an annual service Hyundai can terminate these benefits, although my dealer said if you’re late for a service you’re just not covered for the period between the anniversary of your purchase date & when you get car serviced.
Very interesting TRT. I recall that on the Ioniq 5 ordering website it had "5 years, up to 75,000kms ($1,684)" for the Pre-paid servicing (optional) so your $ numbers are almost exactly the same.
I am very interested to know if your list of 5 expectations are in fact what we are all going to get. Also interested to know if these 5 points are confirmed anywhere in the various paperwork & docs from HMCA.

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
Very interesting TRT. I recall that on the Ioniq 5 ordering website it had "5 years, up to 75,000kms ($1,684)" for the Pre-paid servicing (optional) so your $ numbers are almost exactly the same.
I am very interested to know if your list of 5 expectations are in fact what we are all going to get. Also interested to know if these 5 points are confirmed anywhere in the various paperwork & docs from HMCA.
I’ll get back when I have more info. I also expect the usual warranties, along with usual caveats on those. Basic warranties are 5 years on car & 8 years on traction batteries. But I expect they have the usual limitations of 24 months on 12V Battery, 36 months on paintwork, etc.

·
Registered
24 Posts
  4. service reminders
Goods to hear about your delivery...I didn't want to jinx myself. Should be picking car up this Friday, just waiting on dealership to confirm tomorrow. Had my Zappi V2 installed today, really impressed with the tech. It has a simple interface that illustrates movement of the solar power and for charging or to the house and what excess power is being sent to the grid. I can highly recommend the installer who was friendly and knowledgeable if you are doing an install in NSW. Thanks for the recommendation on the forum...glad I chose the Zappi.

·
Registered
140 Posts
In the UK my dealer mentioned they expected to service the car every year. He added that they didn't offer a service plan as the EV needed much less work than an ICE car.
I am 11 months away from a first service, but I'm hoping it's just going to be a brake and fluid check.

·
Registered
35 Posts
PAYG has roadside assistance if you do all the scheduled servicing. 1 service a year that costs less than NRMA, kind of makes it a no brainer. Although I haven't had to use it so not sure how well it goes. I use BudgetDirect insurance and their roadside assist is $70 bucks a year I think, have used that a couple of times on our secondary ICE car. Private contract service people who are just as fast and adept as NRMA.
Yes assuming Hyundai icare applies to Ioniq 5 then free roadside assist for 1st year and it continues year on year if you service with them.
Warranty allows service elsewhere but with no OTA updates that means need to get them from dealer anyway, so may as well go with their servicing. Pre-paid just gives you today's prices locked in I guess.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I guess there is at least one upside of not having to rely on an app like BlueLink..
Teslas also have the card, and an optional key fob. I feel like I'd have a card anyway with me, it's be annoying to not be able to drive if my phone crashed or ran out of battery.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD MY22 Launch Edition
34 Posts
A little update. I ordered a Teal RWD (build and compliance dates of 10/21) on 27 Sept and received my contract on 1 November and the vehicle reg application on 9 November. Got a call to pay the balance on 17 November.

Dealer at Ryde confirmed the car was delivered on 19 November. Hoping for a handover this week. So, about 2 months from selection to delivery. Am looking forward to seeing Teal in the flesh...

Were all of us who ordered RWDs behind those who ordered AWDs?

·
Registered
35 Posts
A little update. I ordered a Teal RWD (build and compliance dates of 10/21) on 27 Sept and received my contract on 1 November and the vehicle reg application on 9 November. Got a call to pay the balance on 17 November.

Dealer at Ryde confirmed the car was delivered on 19 November. Hoping for a handover this week. So, about 2 months from selection to delivery. Am looking forward to seeing Teal in the flesh...

Were all of us who ordered RWDs behind those who ordered AWDs?
Hope the handover goes well. It seems that some people like Teal when they see it in the flesh but others not. The different colours it shows with different lighting and angles certainly looks good on the video reviews.
Not sure if AWD were ahead of RWD. As you ordered pre the October 12 online sale I would have thought you would be part of the earliest deliveries.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 RWD MY22 Launch Edition
34 Posts
Not sure if AWD were ahead of RWD. As you ordered pre the October 12 online sale I would have thought you would be part of the earliest deliveries.
@lpwau it seems like the forum members who've posted about their deliveries over the last month had AWD orders, but I could be wrong.

Maybe the forum I5ers could reply if they've received their car (or have been told when it will be ready for handover) and whether it's an AWD or RWD?

421 - 440 of 608 Posts