Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
MY22 Ioniq 5 AWD 20" - Lucid Blue
191 Posts
Lucky it's only 120 and not 10,000. Giddle wrote this on Whirlpool:
Update from Hyundai
"Just a quick update from our web team – they are anticipating that the issues will be resolved, and a new email with a revised link will be sent to you within the next hour. Please keep an eye out for that e-mail!"

·
Registered
191 Posts
The new link worked.

I didn't screenshot the entire thing, but a few things to note:
I can confirm that each external colour only comes with 1 internal colour.
Towbar available for just under $1500
There was also a range of wallbox chargers available to order.
They added a $1430 delivery charge.

The quoted Victorian driveaway price for the AWD was:
$76900 $75900 list price
$1430 delivery charge
$880 Rego and TAC
$4024.80 Stamp duty (this doesn't seem right – should be closer to $3000)

$82,234.80 total

Edit: Fixed typo in the price

·
Registered
191 Posts
Exterior | Interior
Wonder where you copied that from ;)

Any idea of colours for AWD vs RWD?
As far as I could tell, all colours were available for both.

There's an image of both of the light interiors here:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Blue was my preferred exterior colour but the wife wouldn't let me get a white interior so I had to compromise
I thought my wife would veto the light grey interior, but she was even more set on the blue exterior than me.

At this point the only communication I've had since Monday was a generic email this evening assuring me I hadn't been forgotten.

·
Registered
191 Posts
So has anyone from Victoria been contacted yet? Apart from an email last Friday to say I hadn't been forgotten I've heard nothing while those from other states seem to have contracts and delivery dates.

Just curious to find out whether it's just me or they're holding off until we're closer to reopening.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Yep contract in Victoria for Blue AWD. Expected delivery date on the contract was 29/10 (but that appears to be standard). Collection dealership (Doncaster) just contacted me and they have no idea about ETA or delivery. So maybe some time yet. They did say once it arrived they could do "click and collect" or look at the possibility of delivery if we are still in lockdown.
Thanks, I saw your reply on Whirlpool - I'm Puppylordsdad there. I called Hyundai and the person I talked to had no idea about the early bird orders but promised to chase it up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got the same response last Friday from “Customer Service” @ HMCA
The people answering the phones just don't have any information about what's going on. I've tried the sales option and the general enquiry option on the phone, and the web form, and all I get back is that I'll be I'll be contacted soon and that no one has contracts because they don't have the cars allocated yet. They repeated this back to me even after I told them that I know that a lot of people have contracts.

Tomorrow is going to be an absolute mess when it's opened up to the 10,000 people who've registered.

·
Registered
191 Posts
And they set up a sales system, where one chooses colour, click for another 90 minutes, deposit taken and only then do they say - whoops we are out of blue, so you can wait or cancel.
From what others have said, it sounds like the system checked at each step what was in stock, but didn't reserve a particular configuration for an individual until the final step was complete, so in that 90 minutes others with the same config were able to complete the final step.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I confirmed my details with them and I was told that the team were working their way through all the orders and I should be contacted by the end of the week. Still waiting.
I'm up to 17 days of waiting so don't expect a call this week.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've also just called Hyundai earlier. I asked the rep whether they received more deposit payments than the number of cars available.
Are you able to get someone on the phone who knows anything about anything? Every poor person I've spoken to has no information about what's going on or even knows the early orders exist. The last one just launched into the script for people who missed out on Tuesday after I explained my situation.

Maybe I need that CEO's email address.

Edit: And I don't mean to criticise the people on the phone - they're just trying to answer questions with the limited information they've been given. The group handling sales and outbound calls don't seem connected with the group taking inbound calls.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I got confirmation of my deposit but not a record of what I ordered. Is there anywhere I can log in to get a copy of that?
This one really annoys me. Any time I buy anything that costs only a few cents I get an email saying what I ordered, but not when I reserved an $80k car. Did you order on September 27 or October 12?

Also surprised that so many standard features are allegedly not included. I expect my car to meet the specs that are advertised for the top-spec price I'm paying. If not Hyundai will have a serious legal problem!
Every single market has a different subset of features. They've published a spec sheet saying exactly what is included here. Why would they have legal problems?

·
Registered
191 Posts
@TimW you didn't buy anything though, you only reserved the opportunity to buy something. Until you get a contract, nothing is locked in.
True, but I didn't take a number for the line at the deli counter. I chose a specific config, colour, set of accessories and pickup location, and on the website I was presented with all of that information along with the price on a confirmation page after I paid. In any other ecommerce situation I would expect that information to also be sent to me by email as confirmation. Now as I try to chase up Hyundai 3 weeks later I don't have anything to show them to say "Here's what I specified and your confirmation that you have it".

·
Registered
191 Posts
A question for the 27/9 early birds. Before you were contacted with information about your contracts and delivery timeline did you receive any other confirmation? I received an email on the 27th confirming receipt of the deposit (without order details), an email on the 1st of October saying "Your IONIQ 5 order is being processed", again without order details, and an email with a link to the spec sheet on the 11th of October (again no order details).

Were there any other emails?

I've just spent 40 minutes on the phone while they looked into it and they can't find my order. They've promised to look into it further and call me back.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I‘m in the same situation and have received the same emails as you.

I called Michael from Melbourne this afternoon. He had called me around the 30th September to confirm my order and deposit. Today, he couldn’t find me. Then he found me but said there was no record of a deposit. I offered to send him the email from HMCA with the payment reference, but he said he’d need to call accounting. Haven’t heard back from him.

Given the demand for the i5s, I’m half expecting to hear that I’ve lost my priority and won’t be in the first 240 delivery group.

Not impressed.
That doesn't sound promising. Is Michael someone from the Ioniq 5 team? I've only been able to talk with customer care operators who would take my request and put me on hold for a while then come back. If you have a direct number could you send it to me in a message?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts