Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
MY20 Kona Highlander electric
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, HMCA have stuffed it up. Got my priority access invitation to order new car just after 9 am this morning, but the link didn’t work.

Phoned HMCA & very polite, though obviously stressed, lady named Beverly answered phone to say she had been getting lots of phone calls complaining of same problem. She is trying to find out what is happening & will get back to me.

In Aus the first 120 people who have paid a deposit for pre orders over last 8 months get priority access to the first 400 I5s coming into country. Second tranch gives “early access” on 12 October to the 10,000+ who have expressed interest but not paid a deposit. Third tranch is everybody else on 13 October .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lucky it's only 120 and not 10,000. Giddle wrote this on Whirlpool:
Update from Hyundai
"Just a quick update from our web team – they are anticipating that the issues will be resolved, and a new email with a revised link will be sent to you within the next hour. Please keep an eye out for that e-mail!"

·
Registered
67 Posts
The new link worked.

I didn't screenshot the entire thing, but a few things to note:
I can confirm that each external colour only comes with 1 internal colour.
Towbar available for just under $1500
There was also a range of wallbox chargers available to order.
They added a $1430 delivery charge.

The quoted Victorian driveaway price for the AWD was:
$76900 $75900 list price
$1430 delivery charge
$880 Rego and TAC
$4024.80 Stamp duty (this doesn't seem right – should be closer to $3000)

$82,234.80 total

Edit: Fixed typo in the price

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yeah, got a call back from Beverly 🙂. Have ordered AWD in Lucid Blue with tow bar. Deposit has been confirmed, but now have to wait to confirm other details.

ACT drive away price (with tow bar) just under $80,000, although they have a registration fee listed that I will query.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chargers weren't cheap. The cable was $500 which I think is approx 2x what it should be?
Yeah, my experience is that most Hyundai specific accessories are about double the price you can get from others.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The new link worked.

I didn't screenshot the entire thing, but a few things to note:
I can confirm that each external colour only comes with 1 internal colour.
Towbar available for just under $1500
There was also a range of wallbox chargers available to order.
They added a $1430 delivery charge.

The quoted Victorian driveaway price for the AWD was:
$76900 $75900 list price
$1430 delivery charge
$880 Rego and TAC
$4024.80 Stamp duty (this doesn't seem right – should be closer to $3000)

$82,234.80 total

Edit: Fixed typo in the price
Can you confirm specs?? HUD..yes or no?

Tks Gary

·
Registered
107 Posts
Do you KNOW that or based on reading stuff ....ie have you ordered one? Both are borderline show stoppers for me
Won't know for sure until we get our cars I guess. But I'd be surprised if they decided against listing features that were on the car...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Do you KNOW that or based on reading stuff ....ie have you ordered one? Both are borderline show stoppers for me
I've ordered one, but I've also got confirmation from the senior manager ev and new business from hmca.

• Will these cars have bluelink available at launch, will it come later in an update, or will it not be available on these cars? We are currently unable to offer Blue Link in Australia, although we are working on a plan to bring this technology to our country (this is still a work in progress with no definitive timing). The current batch of IONIQ 5 will not have this feature, nor do we foresee that it can be applied as an upgrade down the track.
  • Will there be a heads up display as an option on the australian ioniq 5? Unfortunately no
  • Will they have internal vehicle to load, or only external? External only
  • Will the heat pump be available in australia? Unfortunately not available
  • Does it support the plug and charge protocol? As is the case with Blue Link, we are not able to offer this in Australia for vehicles from launch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've ordered one, but I've also got confirmation from the senior manager ev and new business from hmca.

• Will these cars have bluelink available at launch, will it come later in an update, or will it not be available on these cars? We are currently unable to offer Blue Link in Australia, although we are working on a plan to bring this technology to our country (this is still a work in progress with no definitive timing). The current batch of IONIQ 5 will not have this feature, nor do we foresee that it can be applied as an upgrade down the track.
  • Will there be a heads up display as an option on the australian ioniq 5? Unfortunately no
  • Will they have internal vehicle to load, or only external? External only
  • Will the heat pump be available in australia? Unfortunately not available
  • Does it support the plug and charge protocol? As is the case with Blue Link, we are not able to offer this in Australia for vehicles from launch.
Thanks - v clear

·
Registered
68 Posts
@buckgw I was thinking the same, but realistically I don't use autolink premium in my kona now apart form unlocking when I'm too lazy to grab the keys.

And I haven't used a hud so far, I'm sure I'll survive.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@buckgw I was thinking the same, but realistically I don't use autolink premium in my kona now apart form unlocking when I'm too lazy to grab the keys.

And I haven't used a hud so far, I'm sure I'll survive.
I used a basic HUD in Peugeot in Europe and loved it. I use the Peugeot Connect in Australia - assume functionality is similar, tracks my driving vs my wife's ;-)

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
  • Bluelink is something I’d like to have but won’t miss it. Was useful for monitoring my driving habits but revealed nothing i was unaware of. Remote start & heating I don’t use - heated seats & steering wheel obviate need for that.
  • I will miss the HUD from my Kona. As I’ve said elsewhere I use the HUD more than the dash display. But IONIQ has a big dash display & will get used to it.
  • Internal V2L I don’t think I’d use. Can’t see use of 240 volt appliances while driving car. When stationary external will be fine.
  • Heat pump - now that’s a bummer. I’d presumed it would be included, but not a deal breaker.
  • Plug & charge would be nice to have, but if you’ve got get out to attach the charger plug anyway, might as well flash a RFID card as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
  • Bluelink is something I’d like to have but won’t miss it. Was useful for monitoring my driving habits but revealed nothing i was unaware of. Remote start & heating I don’t use - heated seats & steering wheel obviate need for that.
  • I will miss the HUD from my Kona. As I’ve said elsewhere I use the HUD more than the dash display. But IONIQ has a big dash display & will get used to it.
  • Internal V2L I don’t think I’d use. Can’t see use of 240 volt appliances while driving car. When stationary external will be fine.
  • Heat pump - now that’s a bummer. I’d presumed it would be included, but not a deal breaker.
  • Plug & charge would be nice to have, but if you’ve got get out to attach the charger plug anyway, might as well flash a RFID card as well.
Good summary....I generally agree

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would presume the lack of Bluelink is due to a sim not being installed in car system due to no suitable sim contract being agreed in Australie. I am thinking this as everything else is just software. If thisvis theccase then I would presume all the Hyundai connected services stuff will not work either, i.e. live traffic, live parking and live ev charge points. These would be a painful omission for me. However, I am a UK owner so have all this. I do also use Bluelink especially to send NAV destinations to the car from the house before setting off but missing the latter not the end of the world.

CJ

·
Registered
68 Posts
Turns out there's also a lack of OTA updates.

And for those of you in NSW who want AWD and a tow bar. If you order the tow bar it puts you over the rebate threshold, but you can get it added as an aftermarket piece by the dealer, should save you a few thousand.

1 - 20 of 282 Posts