Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Lol... do you even have a 12V battery... its a given you cant run the engine... lol ;)
Nice recall Mrs Tony! My kind of user! Ask the right questions... with the right lighting/interogation techiques!

So we have over zealous battery saver, chopping supply to head unit and AMP... as 12V low.
A short 20min charge does not immediately allow 12V battery to be charged fully... and fails to reset AMP off condition. [Mine charged for 20 too... but 12V battery may have been low due to 10 days in car park with just a solar panel looking for gaps in the trees]
Overnight charge ups level of 12V battery to good condition and fixes AMP off situation.

My 12V battery is in the boot and reads 12.2V at most... or 14V when car charging. Given the length of wires to the front im sure I'll be getting less than 12V with car off... so no chance of long radio play with car not on or not on charge.

My 12V battery is 15 months old. How old is yours? Or is it part of lithium battery?

Given that you cant easily get into the car to charge a dead 12V battery... describing the battery saver as a bit over zealous may be a tad rich. I have a thing about 12V batteries... and 3 solar chargers to aid them last between car uses!

Time to fit decent 12V batteries in the ioniq's, eh Hyundai! And not to rely on software or us shutting down things. Time to take the battery in for a check b4 warrenty up... im sure it isnt 5 years on that.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Lol... do you even have a 12V battery... its a given you cant run the engine... lol ;)
Nice recall Mrs Tony! My kind of user! Ask the right questions... with the right lighting/interogation techiques!
Are you a cop(per)? Don’t do car chases with Ioniq.. Tesla Roadster is better at it. >:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know it's a while but my vehicle went silent after being connected to Android Audio. Who recommended oulling the 30 amp fuse was spot on. I discovered the fuse had been out before as it was upside down. Pulled it, rotated it, stuck it back in and hey ho, sound!

Thanks to the people for this tip.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone had problems with the Ioniq EV audio system? Did a journey today with everything OK - radio and navigation sound good. Return journey, we noticed that there was no navigation sound and then realised radio was also silent. Tried Bluetooth from phone - also silent. The car makes startup and shutdown chimes - are these from a different sound system? Display of volume setting looks normal - ie not muted. Tomorrow I will look to see if there is a separate fuse for the audio amp. Otherwise it's back to the dealer under warranty.
If you take the amp fuse out it buggers up the car and Hyundai will charge you for it

·
Registered
11 Posts
On Pages 7-40 and 7-41 of the Hybrid user manual (sorry, not a lot going on!) it describes fully how to remove the fuse using the provided tool, etc. Their description is quite good actually as are the pictures of the fuses.
I would suggest you have been told a fib by someone if that is your belief.
The Android Auto app seems more stable since its latest update but now I a. torn between using Waze, Google Maps or the inbuilt updated map which I do not like because of its need to be tethered to my phone to get cameras. I am now interested in buying yet another data dongle.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts