Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai Ioniq and Kia Niro review: Korean tanks parked on Japan?s lawn | Ars Technica

quite a long and indepth review, not the usual cut n paste of the Hyundai press releases

Hyundai Ioniq and Kia Niro review: Korean tanks parked on Japan’s lawn

Korean giants join forces on a hybrid platform—and the cars are all class-competitive.

from the verdict section
Should Toyota, Nissan, Renault, and the rest be worried? I reckon so. Hyundai and Kia have just dropped three class-competitive electric cars into the middle of the market. Unless there is something radically wrong with the plug-in versions of the Ioniq and Niro, that will swell to five models by the middle of 2017.
And just to prove how serious it is about this alternative propulsion malarkey, Hyundai says that by 2020 it will have no less than 28 alternative fuel models available across its various ranges.

·
Registered
66 Posts
In work with me people tend to go for the norms, Astras, Clios, Sportages as far as the eye can see.
Today I happened to spot 5 Kia Niros on my walk to/from the office from my car in the staff car park.

I can only imagine that their Ioniqs are currently on a boat headed over! Is the Kia Niro the same length as the Ioniq? Today was my first time seeing one and it looks huge! but most of that may be the fact it's up on stilts...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Their weight figures are off by a country mile.

The Niro is 3" taller than the Ioniq and 5" shorter. They share the same wheelbase, though.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Their weight figures are off by a country mile.
The Niro is 3" taller than the Ioniq and 5" shorter. They share the same wheelbase, though.
Wait, so the Niro is 5" SHORTER than the Ioniq??? :eek: I honestly wouldn't have said that from looking at it...

I thought the Niro looked small when I saw it
Maybe it was because I mainly saw black or white ones, Black seemed to make it look huge for some reason (black grille, black tyres, must have just all blended into one!)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I was under the assumption that the Niro was around the same length as the Ioniq, just sits taller. :eek: I guess those 5 inches would have put it in the full SUV size segment?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts