Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searching apps for the ioniq car in my cellphone (App Store), I found two, the first one seem to be about the features, but the second one is in korean language. Someone known what is it? There is more cellphone apps for the car?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm using Hyundai Access Point and Android Auto. Haven't found anything else useful - well exept Fuelly for fuel consumption.

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
I have an app for the The New Motion level 2 charger I have at home. I can use that app to start or stop charging (assuming the cable is connected to the car). This morning, from my bed I started the charging and the car was warm when I left at 6:30.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I have an app for the The New Motion level 2 charger I have at home. I can use that app to start or stop charging (assuming the cable is connected to the car). This morning, from my bed I started the charging and the car was warm when I left at 6:30.
how the other half of us live :)

i assume if you do that on a frosty morning the heat in the car defrosts all the windows as well , while the rest of us have to get the scraper out :(

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
Yes, you are so right!

Reactions: Peter

·
Registered
843 Posts
This morning, from my bed I started the charging and the car was warm when I left at 6:30.
But surely you cannot start climate control via the app? That must be set according to departure schedule set in the car, yes?

·
Registered
725 Posts

i assume if you do that on a frosty morning the heat in the car defrosts all the windows as well , while the rest of us have to get the scraper out :(
You could always do what a friend of mine used to do.....put a good old fashioned fan heater in the car with a mains lead running out of the car through the letterbox/ He would then turn it on in the morning to warm/defrost his car....not sure of the overall energy efficiency of his scheme though particularly nowadays with fuel prices and all those drafts it must create :)

·
Super Moderator
1,796 Posts
But surely you cannot start climate control via the app? That must be set according to departure schedule set in the car, yes?
Yes, that is true, the day before you have to leave the car either in the scheduled charging mode (with a specific time indicated), or in the nonscheduled charging mode. In the former case the heater or AC will also work (when you have indicated that), in the latter case it will just charge without heating or AC. This app from The New Motion is not able to set such modes of the car. But at least you can do what I describe from a state that the charging station is completely off (not standby), what actually is not possible from a car app, as I think that does not bring the charging station from off to standby. If you have to leave it standby all night that may cost about 10W for all these non-active hours.

I still would prefer to have the Bluelink app operational in Europe in addition. Both apps together can bring you from an off state of both charging station and car to a charging session.

Reactions: Peter

·
Registered
176 Posts
I've read conflicting information about Hyundai apps and what works (or does not work with the Ioniq electric). And then there is the issue whether bluelink will be offered in Canada (or outside of the US).

Add this issue to my growing list of frustration with Hyundai in Canada. Sure it's a new car to Canada but is it not reasonable that more information would be released given how long they've been planning this release. I used to work on international new product introductions and it was never this bad..

Oh well, hope someone can provide some clarity on apps and especially what's happening in Canada.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
I've read conflicting information about Hyundai apps and what works (or does not work with the Ioniq electric). And then there is the issue whether bluelink will be offered in Canada (or outside of the US).

Add this issue to my growing list of frustration with Hyundai in Canada. Sure it's a new car to Canada but is it not reasonable that more information would be released given how long they've been planning this release. I used to work on international new product introductions and it was never this bad..

Oh well, hope someone can provide some clarity on apps and especially what's happening in Canada.
it was the same story in the UK etc. very little info until days before the launch, even now there is info missing on service plans etc that should have been sorted prior to launch

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Re : the service plan , I was told at the dealers last week that there's only the 3 year Service Plan available on the system @ £399

·
Registered
1,443 Posts

Ive never needed scraper? Put front heating on, wait 2 mins, use wipers, done. Heated seat n steering wheel gets out rather quickly too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ive never needed scraper? Put front heating on, wait 2 mins, use wipers, done. Heated seat n steering wheel gets out rather quickly too.
Ha! Good one! I have 4 scrapers in my car.

Your method would never work here in Ottawa. Pre heating the cabin might help somewhat, but when there's 1cm of ice or 25cm of snow on the car, it has to be removed manually. I often have to scrape the inside of the windshield as well. Also, the police here will give you a ticket if you don't clean off your vehicle properly.

Canada, where you try not to breath in the car so you don't fog up the windows while you're driving...

·
Registered
88 Posts
All that being said, I would love an app that could set the charging on the car so you could control a % of when to stop charging. Or remotely set it to warm up the cabin.

But all this convenience using secure software, we don't want our cars to get hacked, obviously.

·
Registered
328 Posts
You mean the app can turn on the cabin heating as well?
Never mind. I was so excited when I saw the post and did not finish reading the rest.

To add to what PSWilson said, in Canada, there are days the vehicle is covered with a thick sheet of ice over 1CM thick. You almost need a chisel to clear the windshield and windows. You don't squirt windshield washer liquid to clear the windshield until the car is warm or else it get worst.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Some people just don't understand what life is some parts of Canada is like :)
I lived in Red Lake Ontario guys... YOU don't know what life is in some parts of Canada... lol -40c when your eyelashes fuse together from the moisture in your eyes. Yes, yes I know it well. :D So i gave that up for England, where it just rains... everyday... even out of a clear sky. :laugh:

·
Registered
27 Posts
I lived in Red Lake Ontario guys... YOU don't know what life is in some parts of Canada... lol -40c when your eyelashes fuse together from the moisture in your eyes. Yes, yes I know it well. :D So i gave that up for England, where it just rains... everyday... even out of a clear sky. :laugh:

lol. I lived in Yellowknife, NWT for 13 years. **drops the mic and walks off stage**
:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Aaahhh...the Blue Link is so nice. You can remotely start your Ioniq, set the temperature control for either heating or cooling and specify how long you want the car to run. You can always get into a nice cool or warm car all from the touch of a button on your cell phone--what a great feature!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts