Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Hybrid Ioniq is just one week old. Very happy with it although I still need to test more in deep.

But I have an issue with the phone call. If I use the phone with the BT connection it works perfectly, if I connect the iPhone with Apple CarPlay the person on the other side hears his own voice echoing back.

Anyone experienced the same?

Any solution?

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome Marina

there are a number of threads around the internet on this, it is a carplay issue not related specifically to Hyundai, my daughter gets it on two skoda's an other people have it on other brands as well

the fix as you have found is use Bluetooth for making calls

the other thing I have found is when my daughter makes calls via carplay it is very quiet, as soon as she disconnects the cable and uses Bluetooth volume is fine, it is almost as though car play uses the microphone on the phone rather than the one in the car

please also goto the http://www.ioniqforum.com/forum/3-new-member-introductions/ and introduce yourself and tell about your car, what you like and dislike about it and the type of car it has replaced

we seem to be getting several new member from Italy recently :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your answer!

So it seems an issue to report to Apple rather than to car maker!

:)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks a lot for your answer!

So it seems an issue to report to Apple rather than to car maker!

:)
Indeed it is an Apple thing, but it may not be totally in their control. They may need to make a change on phones, but may also need 3rd parties to update some software. Hopefully they will get a fix for it soon.

I'm not sure what to make of car play yet (don't have my Ioniq) but plugging in again for phone etc seems like a backward step since Bluetooth hands free/streaming has come along. I have got myself some wireless charging pads and a case for my iPhone so will use wireless charging for when in need juice in phone, it will Bluetooth phone and audio.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I wonder how the multimedia unit handles two phones, both paired with Bluetooth, when they're in the car at the same time?

·
Registered
260 Posts
I wonder how the multimedia unit handles two phones, both paired with Bluetooth, when they're in the car at the same time?
With all Bluetooth car kits I have had it's been last one connected if in range, if not it will connect the one it finds, but only one can be connected at anyone one time.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had this problem too. PROBLEM SOLVED! The latest software update (late Feb, 2017) for the car fixed the problem. The echo is gone and the sound of the phone is just fine at both ends. The car software is updated by the dealer via the SD card and takes about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found an option where you can set a priority order, ie which one is connected as a default if more than one are in range.. but only one can be connected at any one time I think

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had this problem too. PROBLEM SOLVED! The latest software update (late Feb, 2017) for the car fixed the problem. The echo is gone and the sound of the phone is just fine at both ends. The car software is updated by the dealer via the SD card and takes about 10 minutes.
Attached is a photo with the software version number that fixed the carplay echo.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts