Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
IONIQ 5 ultimate
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During parking I noticed quite a few times that the parking sensor beeping went from low frequency beeping to pretty much constant sound in a very short time. There seemed to be no ramp up in beeping frequency which surprised me a few times already and if the car didn't auto break I would have hit the other car behind me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I find there is also a lag. If you drive too quickly (not that quick) you can hit something before the beeping starts.
Secondly, yes it is way too sensitive.
Many times I have reverse parked, the pulsing beep starts, then it switches to the continuous beeeeeep. I get out of the car and see I'm still 1.5 metres from the obstruction behind.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It’s not the best, as you say going from the rapid beeps to the continuous very suddenly.

After backing my car into my partner’s (whoops - see my other thread) I’ve damaged one of my rear parking sensors and I’ve ”fixed” it to the point where the whole acoustic part has thrown in the towel. Having to reverse using just the camera and actually looking over my shoulder has made me a much more careful parker. I think I’d become too reliant on the beeps.

It’s already booked in to have the damaged sensor replaced but I may consider leaving the audio turned off (it is an option in the settings) when I get it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts