Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently holding on phone to them…….cannot put me through to 45 team as ‘all busy‘….but said they had an update last Thursday 12th saying all cars should be ready for transport to dealers in two weeks - so by 26th August…..
I doubt they will be transported, PDI, paperwork done, and registered by 1st September 😠

·
Registered
197 Posts
Asked dealer on Saturday if we were now looking at a Sept delivery, and he was under the impression of maybe another 7 days to arrive at dealer's, but tbh he had heard nothing concrete.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What is really annoying is that, probably like most, I have a car to dispose of. After Sept 1st it will take a substantial hit due to the reg being older………

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah same boat, although mines just gone up another £200 last week on webuyanycar, making a rise of 2k this year.
Just listening to the Used car podcast and they think chip shortages will still continue in the next 6 months, so used values still rising at the moment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you guys had your initial communication from the P45 VIP team or none at all since placing your order?

P45 Gravity Gold on order since 30th July (Thanks to a kind tip off from YellowDuck).

My BMW X1 2013 Plate has gone up £1,500 over the last 2 months.... My P45 is getting cheaper by the day! :cool:

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ve asked for confirmation today from vip & dealer that the car will be here this week. So far nothing back. I’ll call tomorrow as once 1/9 hits it’ll be a shortage of delivery drivers etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My dealer called and said nothings coming out of vip - they’ve escalated it but are being told nothing.

I think they have a software issue or similar holding things up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
My dealer called and said nothings coming out of vip - they’ve escalated it but are being told nothing.

I think they have a software issue or similar holding things up.
I am beginning to think there is something fundamental like that software; type approval that affects the P45 and not the Premiums.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I tried ringing today. No joy. I need some idea of delivery so I can make arrangements to return my current lease.
Have you had your "invitation to buy" yet? You get this by making the 1K deposit.

This is an email my dealership received on Friday:

We are writing to confirm that the limited allocation IONIQ 5 Project 45 Edition is available through Hyundai Finance Contract Hire.

This model will be made available to quote on CHOL from Monday 16th August 2021 for all Hyundai Dealers, but please be advised of the customer qualification necessary to avoid disappointment.

Owing to the highly exclusive nature of this model, your eligible customers will have received direct contact from Hyundai Motor UK with an invitation to purchase the vehicle. Your customer will need this in order to proceed.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to ask.
So to confirm, on Friday, the P45 was not available as a lease option on their systems. I confirmed with my dealership an hour ago that this is still the case.

·
Registered
12 Posts
P45 gravity gold ordered. Never expected delivery till September anyway so I’m cool. Sold outlander phev to webuyanycar for more than I had advertised it for.So I’m a happy and excited puppy. Got it booked in to have ppf done mid September if delivered on time.😀

·
Registered
67 Posts
P45 gravity gold ordered. Never expected delivery till September anyway so I’m cool. Sold outlander phev to webuyanycar for more than I had advertised it for.So I’m a happy and excited puppy. Got it booked in to have ppf done mid September if delivered on time.😀
How much of are you having done and if you don’t mind me asking, how much?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Got this out of VIP this afternoon, following an email where they said I hadn’t selected a car nor paid a deposit (which they corrected five minutes later):

“We are currently inspecting all of the vehicles ahead of releasing them to the dealership network. The current ETA is this month and as soon as we are able to be more accurate will be in touch.”

·
Registered
197 Posts
I am beginning to think there is something fundamental like that software; type approval that affects the P45 and not the Premiums.
Remember the Korean I5 Coolant pump issue that came to light a couple of months ago
Well our cars would probably have already been put on the ship when that happened, so would be making sense if they were fixing things like this now before giving us our cars.
Think of the adverse publicity if we - the first customers, were suddenly complaining about leaks so soon after taking the cars

And as for the demo cars - well their ship arrived 3 weeks before ours, so they could also have had the recall work done
:unsure:

1 - 20 of 248 Posts