Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
232 Posts
Looks great, have you considered blacking out the chrome beltline on the doors like a lot of Model 3 owners do? I think it would look great and plan on doing the same to my PHEV
I'm still working on what I want to do. On the picture above he painted the DRL buckets. I'm not sure I like it. he also painted the rear black piece and that feels better. The lower edge greyish door protectors (might be what you call beltline) I'm not sure about. On other cars I removed them, on others painted in the color of the car.

I'll make a new thread on it when I'm closer to making it real.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I removed Hyundai and Hybrid from the hatch of mine. Thought there was just too much lettering with it all there. Used the hot water method and the badges came off easily. Also fitted some cloverleaf wind deflectors, external fitting ones.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Hybrid SEL
14 Posts
Friday, so doing some normal superhero stuff... speaking of blacking out emblems I thought I would do better (of course)

this thingy will wrap to the front emblem. When in place I will put a layer of glossy wrap over it to seal it. Paint protection film sort of... the carbon foil got some 3D structure in it so I think it might come out good.

Back story is I got hit by something on the freeway needing a new nose cone, so I thought I would paint it blue, seeing only one blue car with painted nose I thought the emblem ruins it all, hence this mod.

(Snap shot from Björn Nylands Video. This is the older car with the lighter blue too)
How did you install the front thing?

I'd love to have that done in black for the front badge. (But I have the regular Hybrid)

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
232 Posts
How did you install the front thing?

I'd love to have that done in black for the front badge. (But I have the regular Hybrid)
It's vinyl that tapes over the stock badge. So, remove badge, wrap it in vinyl and reinstall.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts