Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya all! Lurker who joined and love my Ioniq. I’m not a fan of extraneous verbiage on my vehicles, and debadge all almost immediately. Just an eccentricity of mine.

Anyone done theirs? The hybrid appears just foam tape. I’m curious if the Ioniq is pinned.
Thanks all!

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Plug In Limited
64 Posts
Inevitably I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you that you either can't do that (even though you already have 😂) or that you've somehow decreased the efficiency of your Ioniq by doing so (😂)..........post some photos, I'm sure it looks great. You might inspire others despite the naysayers that seem to lurk around here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pardon my lack of due diligence:

looks great and answers my question! No holes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did. I'll post pics in the morning... Although I left the IONIQ part. It's doable however.

Reactions: MickeyBisco

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
258 Posts
Hiya all! Lurker who joined and love my Ioniq. I’m not a fan of extraneous verbiage on my vehicles, and debadge all almost immediately. Just an eccentricity of mine.

Anyone done theirs? The hybrid appears just foam tape. I’m curious if the Ioniq is pinned.
Thanks all!
Did it all round for all badges. Only tape

·
Registered
312 Posts
Inevitably I'm sure someone will chime in and tell you that you either can't do that (even though you already have 😂) or that you've somehow decreased the efficiency of your Ioniq by doing so (😂)
While I'm probably one of the first on this forum to object to stupidity or exercises that have more risk than reward, I don't think anybody in their right minds would say that removing the letters "I O N I Q" on their car is impossible or would impact efficiency.

The only thing I object to on this thread is your insinuation that members of this forum will piss and bitch at what the OP asked -- a question that is a legitimate one. It makes me wonder why you're on here if you know everything we're going to say and if you think so inadequately of most of us.

·
Registered
64 Posts
While I'm probably one of the first on this forum to object to stupidity or exercises that have more risk than reward, I don't think anybody in their right minds would say that removing the letters "I O N I Q" on their car is impossible or would impact efficiency.

The only thing I object to on this thread is your insinuation that members of this forum will piss and bitch at what the OP asked -- a question that is a legitimate one. It makes me wonder why you're on here if you know everything we're going to say and if you think so inadequately of most of us.
It was a joke, only because that's what I seem to see in almost every thread on here when someone asks a question about making a change. If you look through my own posts I'm sure that you'll see that I actually contribute on this forum and that when I made a thread looking for 17" wheels I was confronted with "know it all" types who said it can't or shouldn't have been done when it was my personal preference (and was done by the way despite the naysayers).

Calm down, no need to take my comment so personally

·
Registered
64 Posts
I did. Not all approved, lol.

LOL thanks for the "evidence".......I'm sure it looks GREAT! despite the forum disapprovals......I think the blue badges on the fenders are super cheesy and detract from the overall image of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
258 Posts

Not to mention warranty

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not to mention warranty
I’m assuming this is tongue in cheek, right? I can’t imagine removing a sticker voids a warranty. If you find that passage I’d eat the letters I remove.

great responses all, thank you. I’ll pick up a heat Gun and bang it it out. Will update with pics when done.

As far as the aesthetic opinions of others affecting me, total non issue. I’m ambivalent if someone cares how my car looks, unless they want my payment. Shiny chrome plastic letters are nasty.

So... spun Moon discs?

Anyone..? Bueller?

·
Registered
312 Posts
I’m assuming this is tongue in cheek, right? I can’t imagine removing a sticker voids a warranty. If you find that passage I’d eat the letters I remove.

great responses all, thank you. I’ll pick up a heat Gun and bang it it out. Will update with pics when done.

As far as the aesthetic opinions of others affecting me, total non issue. I’m ambivalent if someone cares how my car looks, unless they want my payment. Shiny chrome plastic letters are nasty.

So... spun Moon discs?

Anyone..? Bueller?
You do what makes you happy with your car :) Removing letters will not impact warranty or efficiency. It might impact your warranty in the sense that they won't reinstall them for you if you change your mind lol but your warranty otherwise would not be impacted.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Removing side badges will increase your efficiency ever so slightly. They can contribute to increased frontal area, and create turbulence. Front and rear? Well, a few grams of weight.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
258 Posts
View attachment 33254
View attachment 33252
View attachment 33253

I love it. No more cotton fibers clinging to cheesy stickers! 10 lb test, wife’s blow dryer and 1/2 hr.

now, about those ugly hubcaps...
Exactly what I did. I find those blue badges disgusting and while at it I also went all in. So much better. Love your results too. I never thought about cleaning or waxing, but thats a big win too. Next I must decide if to paint or wrap the nose "grille"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Exactly what I did. I find those blue badges disgusting and while at it I also went all in. So much better. Love your results too. I never thought about cleaning or waxing, but thats a big win too. Next I must decide if to paint or wrap the nose "grille"
Such a visual improvement. The car has nice lines (one of the reasons that I looked at it vs a Prius), but less ornamentation cleans it up well. I have not yet pulled the trunk / grille emblems, but they are next. I’ll likely black them out and reinstall.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
258 Posts
Friday, so doing some normal superhero stuff... speaking of blacking out emblems I thought I would do better (of course)

this thingy will wrap to the front emblem. When in place I will put a layer of glossy wrap over it to seal it. Paint protection film sort of... the carbon foil got some 3D structure in it so I think it might come out good.

Back story is I got hit by something on the freeway needing a new nose cone, so I thought I would paint it blue, seeing only one blue car with painted nose I thought the emblem ruins it all, hence this mod.

(Snap shot from Björn Nylands Video. This is the older car with the lighter blue too)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Friday, so doing some normal superhero stuff... speaking of blacking out emblems I thought I would do better (of course)

this thingy will wrap to the front emblem. When in place I will put a layer of glossy wrap over it to seal it. Paint protection film sort of... the carbon foil got some 3D structure in it so I think it might come out good.

Back story is I got hit by something on the freeway needing a new nose cone, so I thought I would paint it blue, seeing only one blue car with painted nose I thought the emblem ruins it all, hence this mod.

(Snap shot from Björn Nylands Video. This is the older car with the lighter blue too)

Looks great, have you considered blacking out the chrome beltline on the doors like a lot of Model 3 owners do? I think it would look great and plan on doing the same to my PHEV

1 - 20 of 26 Posts