Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried to save Music to entertainment system ? The description of the method is in the owners manual , section 4 page 25 :-
"4) Save: Save the selected file(s).
- Select the files you want to save,
and press the [Save]. This saves
the selected files to My Music.
- Saving is canceled if phone calls
are received or made while saving.
- Up to 6,000 files can be saved.
- The currently playing file on the
USB device cannot be changed
while saving.
- My Music cannot be used while
saving.
- Up to 700 MB can be saved.
• Information: Detailed information
on the currently playing song is displayed.
• Sound Settings: Audio sound settings
can be changed."
I've tried to no avail ,there being no save option on my head unit . Interesting that it says 6000 files can be saved but only 700Mb . What bitrate would that be then ? :laugh:

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
? that sounds interesting.. Will give it a try when mine arrives and let you know.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that sounds interesting.. Will give it a try when mine arrives and let you know.
I've e mailed support to see if they can shed any light on it . The manual is for the Ioniq so possibly it's only on the SE , which seems a bit odd if true .

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Support phoned back and said the save function is not available on my Entertainment System as there's no hard drive . So if it's not on the Premium I suppose it's not on the Premium SE ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
The Infinity mediasystem lacks a hard drive, so there isn't any storage. Why would you need one if a cheap USB stick can already contain 32 GB of music?. Thats more than 5000 tracks on 320 kb/s bitrate.
Don't give a dime for Hyundai's user manual. One of the lousiest pieces of paper ever written
Then you have Spotify, Google music and Itunes as online streaming platforms over Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

What the heck then you need onboard storage for? Its expensive, vulnerable, power consuming, heavy and easy to rip with massive damage to your car.

The only thing the system saves is your Flashdisk index.
When you pull it out, switch off the car and then switch on, entering the usb stick will continue your mp3 exactly where you left it. Great feature, would like to have that on my home stereo.

Reactions: malcnorth

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not bothered whether it's there or not . I too use a USB stick with no problem . It's just confused me that the manual said that feature was there and probably is on some Hyundais . Just not the Ioniq , it would seem , unless it's different in the US . That's the whole problem with generic manuals . Still better than the one in my Renault was though :) .
Not spoiled my looks on the Ioniq in the slightest

·
Registered
373 Posts
Why would you need one if a cheap USB stick can already contain 32 GB of music?.
I am sometimes forced to park the car in Amsterdam . Does that answer the question? ;) a memory stick is visible from the outside of the car, and might attract unwanted attention... n?a

·
Registered
101 Posts
The US blue version has this feature.

Play music from usb stick

Near the upper right corner of the display there is an button with options

Choose Save to library

Done

This is from memory so the exact verbage may be a little different. :D

·
Registered
776 Posts
Had a glove dep usb in my Honda Insight too. Not smart. Had to clean out the cabin everytime I wanted to switch music. What is not smart in the Ioniq is only 1 usb hub for music and AA. Stupid.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Not if your mediacenter only can index 5000 tracks.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Using a USB stick consumes the only USB port so you can't connect the phone for CarPlay/Auto. Might as well have all the music on the phone. I wonder if anyone has tried to plug in a USB hub to get additional ports. Has this worked or does it blow the Ioniq's info-brain ?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Good idea. Will try this soon. I expect however Android Auto to refuse operation over a hub. Its a critical app.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Using a USB stick consumes the only USB port so you can't connect the phone for CarPlay/Auto. Might as well have all the music on the phone. I wonder if anyone has tried to plug in a USB hub to get additional ports. Has this worked or does it blow the Ioniq's info-brain ?
I have tried this, but it didn't work :/

1 - 16 of 16 Posts