Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have ordered the car and been given the order number from the dealer but thats it. No more communication or updates until it's at the dealers!
I'd like to know if there's a site or Hyundai link that shows where my car's at so I can plan the sale of my current car and get charger sorted. I'm in the UK.

·
Registered
Ultimate RWD73 Cyber Grey plus tech pack
27 Posts
Have ordered the car and been given the order number from the dealer but thats it. No more communication or updates until it's at the dealers!
I'd like to know if there's a site or Hyundai link that shows where my car's at so I can plan the sale of my current car and get charger sorted. I'm in the UK.
Basically just sit and wait like the rest of us. Presumably you have been given an estimated delivery date so I would contact Hyundai customer service nearer that time unless your dealer keeps you in the loop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically just sit and wait like the rest of us. Presumably you have been given an estimated delivery date so I would contact Hyundai customer service nearer that time unless your dealer keeps you in the loop.
Yes, they told me May and then changed to possibly July.
I really don't think the dealers have any idea of delivery times.
I'll just sit back and wait then.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you have the order number from the dealer you can contact Hyundai UK and ask for an email request to be sent to “Supply”. I am waiting for a RWD ultimate with Tech & Eco packs in Galatic Grey, my reply was that ship docks Tilbury on 8th March 2022, has anyone else been given that date?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the order number from the dealer you can contact Hyundai UK and ask for an email request to be sent to “Supply”. I am waiting for a RWD ultimate with Tech & Eco packs in Galatic Grey, my reply was that ship docks Tilbury on 8th March 2022, has anyone else been given that date?
Update today, 28 weeks from order date. (expected Mid August)
Apparently number 63 in line.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Update today, 28 weeks from order date. (expected Mid August)
Apparently number 63 in line.
Oh dear I placed my order on 16th December 2021, it doesn’t look good for me on the 8th March 22 then, unless I have managed to get a cancellation? Fingers crossed 🤞 However the dealer said I have a Vin and also an order number which supply says that the vehicle arrives UK early March 22.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Cyber Grey Limited
107 Posts
Try this link. I used it and it worked well. You'll find they provide very little info to the dealer. I waited for 7 weeks and I'm picking up the car this afternoon. It showed up at the dealer unannounced last Friday. Was extended to 2/28 from 2/21, so go figure. Trucking seems the hold up as they probably wait to get enough cars to fill a truck trailer to deliver in the same area and day. Don't know if it works in the UK or not.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try this link. I used it and it worked well. You'll find they provide very little info to the dealer. I waited for 7 weeks and I'm picking up the car this afternoon. It showed up at the dealer unannounced last Friday. Was extended to 2/28 from 2/21, so go figure. Trucking seems the hold up as they probably wait to get enough cars to fill a truck trailer to deliver in the same area and day. Don't know if it works in the UK or not.
Thanks Chiptuck, i just had the VIN after emailing the dealer and tried the linki you sent, unfortunately it’s not working for me, perhaps there is a UK equivalent?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh dear I placed my order on 16th December 2021, it doesn’t look good for me on the 8th March 22 then, unless I have managed to get a cancellation? Fingers crossed 🤞 However the dealer said I have a Vin and also an order number which supply says that the vehicle arrives UK early March 22.
Lets hope so, I've also asked the dealer to let me know of any cancelled orders as long as it's not a White car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
On reflection and reading through these discussions I’m hoping that I may have picked up a cancellation as I asked my local dealer for an Ultimate with both packs in either Galactic Grey or Shooting Star Grey and not really concerned about the interior colour, 2 days later he called to say that he could get one in Galactic Grey with a light interior for a delivery late Feb or early March 22. So I’m hoping that the car offered was an early pre order that was cancelled and I was lucky enough to pick it up at the right time when it became available.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On reflection and reading through these discussions I’m hoping that I may have picked up a cancellation as I asked my local dealer for an Ultimate with both packs in either Galactic Grey or Shooting Star Grey and not really concerned about the interior colour, 2 days later he called to say that he could get one in Galactic Grey with a light interior for a delivery late Feb or early March 22. So I’m hoping that the car offered was an early pre order that was cancelled and I was lucky enough to pick it up at the right time when it became available.
When I ordered my Santa Fe PHEV, I sat with the dealer and went through their order system and checked what vehicles were scheduled for build and when. As my preferred colour had zero in planned build, it would have been a special order (back of the queue...). I was able to select an option that I was happy with which was in the queue, and therefore had a lot more available info on the process.
The Supply Bulletin I saw at the time noted that once the vehicle enters build there should be '8 Week Production + 8 Week Delivery' from Korea, on the Kona Range, Santa Fe and Ioniq range to the UK. (Other markets may vary).
Of course this was last July, and the chip shortage has impacted a lot more since then, but once a vehicle is in build this should still reflect.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lets hope so, I've also asked the dealer to let me know of any cancelled orders as long as it's not a White car.
I am at a loss as to what’s going on with the tracking info from Hyundai for arrival date 8th March London, just had this email from my dealership as I was explaining to them that I had a link that could possibly track the vehicle via its VIN, but that didn’t work for my vehicle, and he sent me this picture and message.

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am at a loss as to what’s going on with the tracking info from Hyundai for arrival date 8th March London, just had this email from my dealership as I was explaining to them that I had a link that could possibly track the vehicle via its VIN, but that didn’t work for my vehicle, and he sent me this picture and message.

View attachment 39644
Hurry up, I might get there first! 😉

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue ordered 11th Jan 22 and suppose to get it by May last i went they said end of July or Aug they know we wont get the car in May the day we order but it is car dealer trick to make us order from them not other brand by promis 20week for delivery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same issue ordered 11th Jan 22 and suppose to get it by May last i went they said end of July or Aug they know we wont get the car in May the day we order but it is car dealer trick to make us order from them not other brand by promis 20week for delivery.
I’m thinking that’s exactly what’s happening, too late to jump now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts