Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be taking a trip with four large adults and luggage in my Hybrid premium. This will be around 250 miles each way. I have the 15 inch tyres which are currently as the came from the dealer (36psi). I will probably have about 800 miles on the clock when I start this trip, though I would guess still under 600 miles engine on. Most of this trip will be on Motorways (M1 and M25). Are there any tips or should I just get in and drive?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I am going to be taking a trip with four large adults and luggage in my Hybrid premium. This will be around 250 miles each way. I have the 15 inch tyres which are currently as the came from the dealer (36psi). I will probably have about 800 miles on the clock when I start this trip, though I would guess still under 600 miles engine on. Most of this trip will be on Motorways (M1 and M25). Are there any tips or should I just get in and drive?
Although there is no recommendation for raising the tyre pressures when fully loaded by Hyundai, I would raise them by a couple of psi for the journey. Don't forget, you get slightly better fuel economy with higher tyre pressures but a harder ride.

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
I've used my hybrid fully loaded ( not with passengers but books at least 15 boxes weighing 12 Kg each ) on many trips to London Excel via M4,M25 etc often getting in the high 80s mpg ( though lower on the return journey...it's all uphill to Wales ;) ) . Left my tyre pressures at 36 , generally drive normally 65 to 70 mph . Allow for the extra weight and don't "throw " the car about , shouldn't be a problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts