Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Preferred (mid trim) Long Range RWD, winter tires
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated two days ago and today passed a speed camera and didn’t get the warning and reduction in sound system volume. Have searched the navigation setups and no presence of a speed camera setup. I recall seeing that Hyundai will provide a speed camera warning option if allowed in a country. Perhaps Justin called Hyundai? Any others from the Great White North seeing the same?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also noticed my speed and red light warnings and icons vanished. As well as Bluelink now gives me weird warning messages that it needs to be enrolled before finally letting me navigate somewhere, even though Bluelink is fully active. Maybe I should have held off on updating.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also noticed my speed and red light warnings and icons vanished. As well as Bluelink now gives me weird warning messages that it needs to be enrolled before finally letting me navigate somewhere, even though Bluelink is fully active. Maybe I should have held off on updating.
I received a thank you for registering to Bluelink welcome email after updating, I forget either the car or the app. Was puzzling.

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 AWD LR w. Ultimate (Limited)
44 Posts
Also lost this feature... searching the manual and online for clues to how to re-enable it are fruitless. :'(

This is one of my favorite features as there are so many red-light cameras in Edmonton.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also lost this feature... searching the manual and online for clues to how to re-enable it are fruitless. :'(

This is one of my favorite features as there are so many red-light cameras in Edmonton.
Search for camera in the settings and it will show up under a navigation camera setting. Mine is still checked but doesn’t work since the software upgrade last week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Search for camera in the settings and it will show up under a navigation camera setting. Mine is still checked but doesn’t work since the software upgrade last week.

A ha! there it is! Sneaky little setting... doesn't seem to be a way to get to it without search... none of the "Navigation" menus lead to that screen... interesting...
Window Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive tire

I tried unchecking, then re-checking the option, then went for a short drive... still no dice.

Earlier today, I filed a support ticket on the Hyundai Update Service site. They actually got back to me within 2 hours of submission (requesting more details, which I didn't have at the time). I just sent a follow-up... hopefully something comes of it!

------

Reply from Navigation support team...

At this point everything looks correct with the update and the options in the vehicle. This feature is powered by your BlueLink subscription. I would have to recommend reaching out to Hyundai Customer Care for further troubleshooting steps at this time as we do not have access to this system. I do apologize for the inconvenience. More information regarding Hyundai Customer Care Canada can be found here: Help Centre | Hyundai Canada

·
Registered
23 Posts
They wrote back to me, and told me they were looking into it. They haven't contacted me to tell me they fixed it, but when I drove home from work today, no Bluelink enrollment message, AND all my radar was working again!! WooHoo!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't think it was anything I did, I suspect the update buggered up a Bluelink internal setting somehow, maybe something with Canada vs US settings. I did contact both Bluelink direct, and sent an email to [email protected]. They wrote me back yesterday asking me for a photo of the enrollment pop-up message. I sent that back along with the software version info. Later that day it all started working normally again, so I think a correction was made somewhere along the line.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think it was anything I did, I suspect the update buggered up a Bluelink internal setting somehow, maybe something with Canada vs US settings. I did contact both Bluelink direct, and sent an email to [email protected]. They wrote me back yesterday asking me for a photo of the enrollment pop-up message. I sent that back along with the software version info. Later that day it all started working normally again, so I think a correction was made somewhere along the line.
I have had no problem with Bluelink yet the speed camera warning has stopped working after the update despite being selected in the car nav setup. I have established a ticket with Hyundai. They asked for a long list of info that I have provided.

·
Registered
87 Posts
HUUUUGEEE Update::: I sent an email to service at bluelink Canada this morning
Got a reply below about an hour later
Thank you for contacting Hyundai Canada Bluelink Support. We apologize for all inconveniences that you may be facing regarding your concern.

As a follow up to your request regarding the Bluelink Service and the speed camera warnings, we have created a ticket to the technology team for further analysis. Once they have reached a solution, we will be in contact with you by email with further instructions.

In the meantime, please perform a Head Unit Reset after the update.

Below are the steps to perform a Vehicle Head Unit Reset.

This will potentially reconnect your vehicle and allow Bluelink to properly communicate with your vehicle's Head Unit once more.

1. Go into your vehicle and turn on the engine.
2. Find a small hole under or around the volume or tuner button.
3. Insert a thin object such as; a toothpick, paperclip, pin, etc... into
the hole (in the event that you do not find a small hole, please press
and hold the MAP + SETUP buttons simultaneously). Hold for 5 seconds, and
then retract the object from the hole (or let go of MAP + SETUP).
4. Once released, please wait for 15-20 seconds so that the system resets
properly.
5. Once the 15-20 seconds have passed, reinsert your object (OR press and
hold MAP + SETUP) once more for 5 seconds and then retract.

Once all the above steps are completed, please reply to the email.

Thank you kindly for your time.

If you have any other questions, please visit the FAQ section on our website at Connecting.... You may also contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-844-258-5656.

Kind regards,

Angie

So I was out driving and no response to the speed camera in the area at all. No warning or nothing.
After about 45 min after I go the reply email above I was returning home and all of sudden the voice came on and told me about a speed camera. I was super happy
Looks like it is a backend issue from Hyundai Canada Bluelink.
I am very happy to have it back, Thank you all and Bluelink as well. Not sure what they did but it worked.
Now it works perfectly
NOTE: I did not do the reset like they said in the email I did nothing and it starting working on its own.
Hope this helps others
Chris in Edmonton

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you for contacting Hyundai Canada Bluelink Support. We apologize for all inconveniences that you may be facing regarding your concern.

As a follow up to your request regarding the Bluelink Service and the speed camera warnings, we have created a ticket to the technology team for further analysis. Once they have reached a solution, we will be in contact with you by email with further instructions.

This will potentially reconnect your vehicle and allow Bluelink to properly communicate with your vehicle's Head Unit once more.

properly.

If you have any other questions, please visit the FAQ section on our website at Connecting.... You may also contact us by email at [email protected] or by phone at 1-844-258-5656.

Kind regards,

Angie

So I was out driving and no response to the speed camera in the area at all. No warning or nothing.
After about 45 min after I go the reply email above I was returning home and all of sudden the voice came on and told me about a speed camera. I was super happy
I am very happy to have it back, Thank you all and Bluelink as well. Not sure what they did but it worked.
Now it works perfectly
NOTE: I did not do the reset like they said in the email I did nothing and it starting working on its own.
Hope this helps others
Chris in Edmonton
Fantastic. How is the stoppage of the speed camera related to Bluelink? My ticket on the Nav update sight being handled out of the US. They have been asking info about the car software but nothing about Bluelink.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

properly.

Kind regards,

Angie

Now it works perfectly
Hope this helps others
Chris in Edmonton
Mort, you had a voice tell you there was a speed camera? Is that new?

·
Registered
87 Posts
hey Winnipeg,
No I have had that voice warning from the start with a display on the map and light indication. It was working since I have had the car. it would give me a verbal warning about 300-500 m before a red light camera or speed on green camera. We have lots here in Edmonton. It was not working with the new update but for some reason it went working again about 2 ish hours after I contacted bluelink support. No idea how and or why this worked just happy it is working again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
@Mort Thanks for the long post... I tried "submitting a ticket" on the Bluelink site, but so far nothing.

I'll email them as well, see if that helps...

After the April 2022 Navigation & menu update on my 2022 Hyundai Ioniq 5, I have lost the "red light camera notification". As you can imagine, in a city plagued with 100s of cameras, I sorely miss this feature!

I have already reached out to the Navigation support team ([email protected]) and they claim the issue is not with the update, but enrollment issues in Bluelink:
"This feature is powered by your BlueLink subscription. I would have to recommend reaching out to Hyundai Customer Care for further troubleshooting steps at this time as we do not have access to this system."
Account Details:
VIN: redacted
enrollment email: redacted

Troubleshooting steps already taken - performed a reset as follows:
  3. Insert a thin object such as; a toothpick, paperclip, pin, etc... into the hole (in the event that you do not find a small hole, please press and hold the MAP + SETUP buttons simultaneously). Hold for 5 seconds, and then retract the object from the hole (or let go of MAP + SETUP).
  4. Once released, please wait for 15-20 seconds so that the system resets properly.
  5. Once the 15-20 seconds have passed, reinsert your object (OR press and hold MAP + SETUP) once more for 5 seconds and then retract.
Other Canadian users have had similar issues after the Nav update, and the solution seems to be emailing this address (see forum post here). Hopefully you can create a ticket to the technology team to resolve ours as well!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Mort Thanks for the long post... I tried "submitting a ticket" on the Bluelink site, but so far nothing.

I'll email them as well, see if that helps...
I contacted customer service and they said they do not handle technical issues. I also submitted a ticket through the update page technical support and have received several emails asking for details of my car such order number, VIN, software versions etc. I have past on a link to this thread for them. It is being handle through support in the USA. I believe it is not bluelink support as I do not have an issue with bluelink. Customer Relations Canada did provide this tidbit of info that is perhaps useful at some point.
"We are sorry that your dealer does not have expertise to assist. We do not have an email address for MapNSoft who are the technicians who support our navigation systems but their phone number is 1-888-757-0010". Looks like a NA toll free number.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will say I went to my bluelink page that has all my info. Went to support and submitted a ticket on their site and like I said in hours it worked. I understand you don't think it is a bluelink issue but something got fixed after I submitted a ticket . Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts