Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
my name is Alberto, I'm from Italy and just signed the contract to get my new Ioniq, polar white "Comfort" - my first hybrid car after years of diesel.
Can't wait to drive it! Hope I can share my impressions with you soon :)

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
Welcome trapias

we seem to be getting a few owners from Italy now

what type of car is it replacing, we also seem to be getting a lot of people swapping from diesels to the hybrid

when you get it let us know what you like and dislike

I assume you had a test drive, what was your impression on the test drive

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome trapias

what type of car is it replacing, we also seem to be getting a lot of people swapping from diesels to the hubris

when you get it let us know what you like and
Hello,
Happy to join this community. I now have a Toyota Corolla D4D MMT, love Toyota quality and automatic transmission... but it's a 2005 car, driving the Ioniq is like seeing Star Wars from the 60ies and then comparing it to the new 2017 episode ?

More seriously, my life changed a bit recently and so the way I use my car: less km per year, often moving in city only - a diesel car is no more justified, I think it would soon have problems.
On the other side, a petrol car would force me to pay more for each km I do, and if you want automatic transmission you have to get 'premium' models: more money to buy them, more money to run them. I started looking at hybrid cars.

I was honestly looking at Toyota only: I was impressed by the new CHR looking, but don't very much like nor the Prius nor the Auris. I have a family, 2 children, and discarded the CHR as soon as I could see it: rear sits are as large as my Corolla but it's so dark there, windows so small! My younger kid is 5 now and loves to watch outside, he wouldn't love it. And the boot is also not so big.
The Ioniq was a revelation: for less than the price of a CHR I can get a larger car, much more practical, with everything my family needs, with the same (and more) technology and security items, with a "sporty" style I really like, and with a real gearbox, an excellent DTC transmission which - before any test - convinced me more than E-CVT. And promising to be as economical to run quite as a Prius, but being more a "normal" car in my mind.
This on paper (well, websites ;-) ).

I then saw it, felt it, made a short test drive. I immediately loved it: I think quality is the same, if not better, than Toyotas. It's very comfortable, so easy to drive, silent, powerful more than enough, a "fluid" transmission, plenty of space for my kids and in the boot. So much technology in your help but not taking over you: the seller showed me how the "keep lane" security works, you always keep control and don't feel the car is driving you (some days before a friend of mine told me he was really afraid because his car lane assist system forced him to return in lane when he was accelerating to take over a car, and had to hard press on brakes to avoid a collision!).

And I also found a very nice seller, a professional and friendly guy with whom it was a pleasure to sign my contract.
Hope these impressions will be confirmed as soon as I get my Ioniq ?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Felt in love with it

Welcome trapias

what type of car is it replacing, we also seem to be getting a lot of people swapping from diesels to the hubris

when you get it let us know what you like and
Hello,
Happy to join this community. I now have a Toyota Corolla D4D MMT, love Toyota quality and automatic transmission... but it's a 2005 car, driving the Ioniq is like seeing Star Wars from the 60ies and then comparing it to the new 2017 episode ?

More seriously, my life changed a bit recently and so the way I use my car: less km per year, often moving in city only - a diesel car is no more justified, I think it would soon have problems.
On the other side, a petrol car would force me to pay more for each km I do, and if you want automatic transmission you have to get 'premium' models: more money to buy them, more money to run them. I started looking at hybrid cars.

I was honestly looking at Toyota only: I was impressed by the new CHR looking, but don't very much like nor the Prius nor the Auris. I have a family, 2 children, and discarded the CHR as soon as I could see it: rear sits are as large as my Corolla but it's so dark there, windows so small! My younger kid is 5 now and loves to watch outside, he wouldn't love it. And the boot is also not so big.
The Ioniq was a revelation: for less than the price of a CHR I can get a larger car, much more practical, with everything my family needs, with the same (and more) technology and security items, with a "sporty" style I really like, and with a real gearbox, an excellent DTC transmission which - before any test - convinced me more than E-CVT. And promising to be as economical to run quite as a Prius, but being more a "normal" car in my mind.
This on paper (well, websites ;-) ).

I then saw it, felt it, made a short test drive. I immediately loved it: I think quality is the same, if not better, than Toyotas. It's very comfortable, so easy to drive, silent, powerful more than enough, a "fluid" transmission, plenty of space for my kids and in the boot. So much technology in your help but not taking over you: the seller showed me how the "keep lane" security works, you always keep control and don't feel the car is driving you (some days before a friend of mine told me he was really afraid because his car lane assist system forced him to return in lane when he was accelerating to take over a car, and had to hard press on brakes to avoid a collision!).

And I also found a very nice seller, a professional and friendly guy with whom it was a pleasure to sign my contract.
Hope these impressions will be confirmed as soon as I get my Ioniq ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts