Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai IONIQ EV Premium 38kWh (2021)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 38kWh EV owner here after getting a good deal.
Now a fully electric household with this car joining our Renault ZOE.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jack.
Probably the same deal - Richmond Hyundai in Portsmouth.

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 2021 38.3kWH
7 Posts
Thanks Jack.
Probably the same deal - Richmond Hyundai in Portsmouth.
Ahh mine was Milease, not sure which dealership it’s coming from tho

How are you finding it? I feel like I’ve read and watched everything about the car now and just can’t wait to get in the thing!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car drives great. Very different to the ZOE which we’ve had for 6 months.
A few quirks to get used to, such as the electronic parking brake doesn’t come on automatically and you can’t permanently switch off Lane Assist. Playing music off USB plays in alphabetical order rather than track number order. I’ve had other cars do this before - a mild annoyance but nothing to worry about.
The Nav system looks pretty good and is nice and responsive.

Only done about 30 miles since taking delivery but very happy so far. Only bit of spec I wish it had is front parking sensors - couldn’t justify the increase in price for the SE model though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A few quirks to get used to, such as the electronic parking brake doesn’t come on automatically and you can’t permanently switch off Lane Assist. Playing music off USB plays in alphabetical order rather than track number order. I’ve had other cars do this before - a mild annoyance but nothing to worry about.

Only done about 30 miles since taking delivery but very happy so far. Only bit of spec I wish it had is front parking sensors - couldn’t justify the increase in price for the SE model though.
Same with the SE - not enough to justify the price hike
I’ve read a lot of similar concerns with lane keep - seems pretty annoying in urban areas but good on motorways? How do you find the regenerative braking? I’ve heard it’s been hefty on 3 and also the transition between regen and actual brakes can feel sudden?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The regen is very good. L3 is quite hefty and will slow you down very quickly. The normal brakes take quite a lot of pressing / force to activate - much harder than I used to in the Zoe. With careful driving though using L3 I doubt I'll use the brakes that much.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
30 Posts
LKA is a complete nuisance; I've got into the habit of deactivating it before setting off now.

L3 regen is quite strong but I think it's just a case of getting used to it. On the whole, I find L1 to be much better-suited to how I drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Hey another quick q if that’s ok - did the car come with floor mats and the cargo cover? Seems to vary country to country...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car mats - no, I had to order them separately.
Pull across cover for the boot area - yes
Cargo net for the boot - yes

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh Premium
30 Posts
In my case , I asked the salesman about car mats before purchase . Picked up the car and a set of mats were in the boot at no extra cost . Suppose it depends on the salesman
This is my third Hyundai (Ioniq Hybrid, i30N and Ioniq Electric) and none of them came with mats. I've asked every time but I've always been refused. :rolleyes: :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
2,249 Posts
This is my third Hyundai (Ioniq Hybrid, i30N and Ioniq Electric) and none of them came with mats. I've asked every time but I've always been refused. :rolleyes: :LOL:
This is my second Ioniq both from different dealers , one in England and the other in Wales . Both came with car mats . Didn't have to ask for them on the first one , maybe because it was a demo ? ;)

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,026 Posts
I'd be looking for a new dealer. We've used five different ones for our Hyundai's now, for various reasons. Three we'd use again, two we wouldn't.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts