Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All

Just got my new IONIQ Electric last saturday, Black, SE with Cold Climate Package.

I actually have put down deposit for other two cars, the Model 3, and the new 2017 VW egolf. IONIQ was on my radar too.

I decided to go with IONIQ Electric after Hyundai released the pricing and options. it seems even the lowest trim come with a lot of options/equipments, where for the eGolf I need to go to the highest trim to get all the features I was looking for.

So far loving it. My commune to work is about 25km one way, so I've been charging every other day to save some charging cycles.

but it's been getting really hot on the road here, are you guys tinting the windows and/or installing window visors to help with reducing AC usage?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi All

Just got my new IONIQ Electric last saturday, Black, SE with Cold Climate Package.

I actually have put down deposit for other two cars, the Model 3, and the new 2017 VW egolf. IONIQ was on my radar too.
Welcome to the forum. Which dealership did you get it from. I am waiting for my black EV vehicle, and I work in Mississauga. How long did you have to wait for your car?

·
Registered
328 Posts
... so I've been charging every other day to save some charging cycles.
Maybe some battery expert can chime in on this subject. I think if you are doing a lot of DC fast charge and drain the battery pack to low level it is going to reduce the longevity. If you are doing L2/L1 charging between 30-80% it should not have adverse impact.

With your 100KM commute every other day your battery level should be above 30% unless you really pushing it. Your battery pack probably should last a long time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum. Which dealership did you get it from. I am waiting for my black EV vehicle, and I work in Mississauga. How long did you have to wait for your car?
I got mine from Cooksville Hyundai, they happen to have one in stock when I called and I bought that one. so there was no wait for me. :laugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe some battery expert can chime in on this subject. I think if you are doing a lot of DC fast charge and drain the battery pack to low level it is going to reduce the longevity. If you are doing L2/L1 charging between 30-80% it should not have adverse impact.

With your 100KM commute every other day your battery level should be above 30% unless you really pushing it. Your battery pack probably should last a long time.

That's my plan as well, just for commuting to work, and limit the DC fast charge.

Only challenge is that neither IONIQ nor my charger can be configured to stop charging at 80%, I guess I will have to unplug it manually.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Correct the vehicle don't have the feature to stop charging at certain percentage but you can schedule your start charging time a bit later so it does not reach 100% when departure time arrives. Most "smart" charger with an app let you control the start and stop time. In the long run it is worth the extra cost to get a "luxury" model charger.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Welcome to the board! I'm also from Mississauga. There seems to quite a number of people on the board from the GTA.

I'm quite jealous that you already got your car so quickly! I put down a deposit for a Ioniq Electric back on April 24th at Mississauga Hyundai on Glen Erin and I'm still weeks from getting mine with no firm date when it will arrive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to the board! I'm also from Mississauga. There seems to quite a number of people on the board from the GTA.

I'm quite jealous that you already got your car so quickly! I put down a deposit for a Ioniq Electric back on April 24th at Mississauga Hyundai on Glen Erin and I'm still weeks from getting mine with no firm date when it will arrive.
I was in the Mississauga Hyundai too, they told me I have to wait 6-8 weeks. My old car was falling apart so needed a car sooner that that. I did have to give up some things like colour choices and the one I got was a showroom demo for everyone to checkout. it was still in great condition and 0 kms but got a lot of finger prints on the body. A good wash got rid all of them.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I got was a showroom demo
Did they give you any discounts since the car was not made to order? I'm finding dealers are holding back a bit on price since there is no overstock on the lots.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts