Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I’ve done some searching and seen the topic covered many times, but there’s doesn’t seem to be a concrete answer for PERFECT FIT all weather floor mats for a 2020 Ioniq EV left hand drive. I am good with any brand that fits the stock hooks properly. Weather tech hasn’t got it, Hyundai doesn’t seem to have it, and as far as I can tell 3D Maxpider also doesn’t support the new 2020 models.

Please tell me what you’ve done. I live near Vancouver and it’s going to get very wet here soon!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wonder how different 2020 liners would be from 2019 for weathertech?

If you're over on the island ever, I'd gladly let you try to fit my 2019 weathertechs in there

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the offer and maybe someday I'll take you up on it. I suspect it wont work, however. I got a set of all weather 3D Maxpider mats and the box arrived saying "2017-2020". As expected, they didn't fit. I think the footwell is approximately the same size, but the hold down hook is in the wrong place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I appreciate the offer and maybe someday I'll take you up on it. I suspect it wont work, however. I got a set of all weather 3D Maxpider mats and the box arrived saying "2017-2020". As expected, they didn't fit. I think the footwell is approximately the same size, but the hold down hook is in the wrong place.
Well I have to take mine in for a yearly maintenance soon anyways and to get the latest firmware installed, so when I go if they still have a 2020 on the lot I'll check it out for you!

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Ultimate
13 Posts
Someone please tell me there are some sort of mats suitable for Midwestern Ontario weather in a 2020 EV. Literally had the car 2 weeks and the carpet mats are filthy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it helps - I bought a '20 Ioniq with floor mats - but didn't notice the mats didn't align with the floor 'hooks'.
I took the mats out, checked that I could remove the circular 'buttons' from the carpet - then marked where the buttons need to be to fit the positions of the floor 'hooks'.
I then cut circles of carpet (similar size to the now revealed holes / button battery as a template), re-attached the buttons and pushed my circles of carpet into the 'old' button holes. (kept in place with a strip of duct tape on the back).
The carpets are now secure and as they were black, I can't see where the original holes used to be.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq PHEV Limited
1 Posts
Take a look at thecustomcarmat.com. This fits my 2020 PHEV and aligns perfectly with the floor hooks. The bottom section of the mat and back is more textured and small pebble size pieces have fallen initially.

2020 ioniq PHEV Carmat.png

·
Registered
33 Posts
Could you post pictures of your modified mats? I also ordered the Ioniq specific mats, and the dealer brought in ones for the PHEV. They fit the wheel well but the hooks were wrong. They refused to install because it's unsafe. Apparently Hyundai refused to make mats for the 2020 EV, and the previous year doesn't fit because of hook positioning. I sent Hyundai a nasty gram. Tuxmat has been out of stock for this card since July.

I've been thinking about ordering the mismatched ones and trying to figure out how to modify the hooks/loops somehow. Shouldn't have to to this. This is utter nonsense for a top-trim vehicle.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq Electric - Phantom Black
12 Posts
I have the 2020 ioniq ev and bought the weather tech mats from the dealership but as everyone has said they are designed for the 2019 floor hooks so don’t stay in place. The dealership parts department said they would replace them when the 2020 mats are available but up to this point there is no listing according to them???

for now I just have been using the 2019s

·
Registered
73 Posts
TuxMat just had them in stock.... then like 2 hours later they were out of stock. I was able to get my order through so excited to see what they look like for my 2020. Little pricey but whatever, got my money back from the dealer for the garbage they tried to charge me and never came through with the mats.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Same here. I've been on the waiting list since July. When I saw the in stock email I jumped on it. I have low expectations. They claim these fit 2019 and 2020. We already know that is not true. The hooks are in different spots. My understanding is tuxmat have an indentation/cavity where the OEM hook is to avoid a bulge then you have use tuxmax clips to secure. So, be prepared to get some mats with a bulge where the OEM hooks are because nobody seems to acknowledge Hyundai moved the damn floor hooks for 2020 making everything incompatible.

But we'll know for sure when the mats arrive. Hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same here. I've been on the waiting list since July. When I saw the in stock email I jumped on it. I have low expectations. They claim these fit 2019 and 2020. We already know that is not true. The hooks are in different spots. My understanding is tuxmat have an indentation/cavity where the OEM hook is to avoid a bulge then you have use tuxmax clips to secure. So, be prepared to get some mats with a bulge where the OEM hooks are because nobody seems to acknowledge Hyundai moved the damn floor hooks for 2020 making everything incompatible.

But we'll know for sure when the mats arrive. Hopefully I'm just being overly pessimistic.
Someone from Montreal in my facebook group just received them today and put them in and said they were good, so hoping he's right!

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Ultimate
13 Posts
I also got my Tux Mats after a long wait for them to have them stocked. Haven't had the energy to install because I've been really busy and it's dark at 5:30pm now...The rep from the company told me they had delays getting one of the 2020 models to do their laser measurements or whatever because of covid.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got an issue with back seats floor mats. The ones from the dealer I got with my 2018 model are from the hybrid version and the shape is slightly different. Did anyone order back seat mats which have right shape?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed my tuxmats in my 2020 EV. Most importantly, they DO have the proper cavities for the factory floor hooks (they they don't use) for our model so they really are made for this model year which is different than the 2019.

The tuxmats are much better than the weather tech crap, but far inferior to the factory Hyundai all-weather mats. The Tux mats look very "wintery", like something you'd see in a taxi cab. The Hyundai factory mats are just as rugged but look very "factory" and could easily stay in all year round and not look silly in the winter. Alas, they refuse to make the OEM all weather mats for the 2020 model year (as of this posting).

Back to the Tux mats. Coverage is very good for the back seats and front passenger. Driver coverage is good EXCEPT in the most important spot. Under the gas pedal, where you leave your foot dripping salt all winter. There is a large cutout leaving the area behind the gas pedal completely unprotected. Probably a safety thing.

Otherwise, for about $250 for the set, it will do.

·
Registered
2020 Ioniq EV Ultimate
13 Posts
Can confirm that the tuxmats install pretty easily and fit correctly in the 2020 EV. Didn't even notice the cutout behind the accelerator til I read this. I don't usually mash that pedal all the way down, so I don't think it will be an issue. They are okay mats. Totally different material than the usual sort of rubber type all-weather ones, so we'll see how they wear.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts