Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
Anyone know if Its possible to use Android auto by wifi in new 38 Khw?

How to?

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Is there any way to do split screen with Android Auto? It seems a massive waste of space to have the right third of the screen taken up with the AA logo! Would be much better if you could show the usual display here.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sadly no. We're stuck with this until Hyundai decides to fix it.
This is on them, not on Google.

You will never be able to show the "usual display" even when they fix it, but the default widescreen Android auto already allows you to split the screen in two, similar to what Hyundai does, minus the battery information i guess.

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Sadly no. We're stuck with this until Hyundai decides to fix it.
This is on them, not on Google.

You will never be able to show the "usual display" even when they fix it, but the default widescreen Android auto already allows you to split the screen in two, similar to what Hyundai does, minus the battery information i guess.
Have Hyundai said they will 'fix it'?

Also, I made a call for the first time yesterday on AA and the audio came out of the phone, not the car speakers! I was playing music on the Amazon App (which seems to need to be running on the phone before you can launch it on AA) and interacted with 'OK Google' to ring my wife. Everything was working correctly up until the call started to ring, at which point it was out of the phone's own audio. A few on the web are saying disconnect your phone, restart over etc. I'll try that but just wondering if anyone else has experienced that. I'm using Xaiomi Redmi Note 7.

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,836 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't think Hyundai said anything about the issue, at least nothing that I know of.

I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro but I never made a call with AA, I'll try it and report back.

I can however help you with the Amazon Music thing, since I had the same issue with Youtube Music: MIUI (or is it a stock Android thing by now ?) prevents apps from "auto starting" (YOU have to start them) unless you allow them to.

Go to settings, search for "autostart" (should be in Security -> Autostart) and allow Amazon Music to auto start.

My biggest grip with the thing is that the "voice control" button on the steering wheel does not go to AA but to the stock system. I don't if it's a setting issue, phone issue or car issue yet.

·
Registered
'17 Marina Blue HEV Ltd I O N I Q since 25 Jul '17
1,836 Posts
Have Hyundai said they will 'fix it'?

Also, I made a call for the first time yesterday on AA and the audio came out of the phone, not the car speakers! I was playing music on the Amazon App (which seems to need to be running on the phone before you can launch it on AA) and interacted with 'OK Google' to ring my wife. Everything was working correctly up until the call started to ring, at which point it was out of the phone's own audio. A few on the web are saying disconnect your phone, restart over etc. I'll try that but just wondering if anyone else has experienced that. I'm using Xaiomi Redmi Note 7.
I've not heard of this before. But I would try following those suggestions. (I use an iPhone and not had any such problem.)

If it persists, I would also try using a different cable to connect to the car, OEM if possible. Also shorter cables can often work better than longer ones.

·
Registered
Ioniq Premium SE 2020
108 Posts
Thanks for replies everyone, I'll have a play this weekend and report back (y)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Did a call today through AA, no issue to declare. The sound went through the car as expected.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think Hyundai said anything about the issue, at least nothing that I know of.

I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro but I never made a call with AA, I'll try it and report back.

I can however help you with the Amazon Music thing, since I had the same issue with Youtube Music: MIUI (or is it a stock Android thing by now ?) prevents apps from "auto starting" (YOU have to start them) unless you allow them to.

Go to settings, search for "autostart" (should be in Security -> Autostart) and allow Amazon Music to auto start.

My biggest grip with the thing is that the "voice control" button on the steering wheel does not go to AA but to the stock system. I don't if it's a setting issue, phone issue or car issue yet.
Press and hold the steering wheel button for Google Voice control. Short press = Hyundai, long press = Google

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've not heard of this before. But I would try following those suggestions. (I use an iPhone and not had any such problem.)

If it persists, I would also try using a different cable to connect to the car, OEM if possible. Also shorter cables can often work better than longer ones.
Good tip on trying different cables, I've got some usb cables knocking about that do power but not data, always befuddles me when I try to plug my phone into the laptop and wonder wymhy it won't work!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is there any way to do split screen with Android Auto? It seems a massive waste of space to have the right third of the screen taken up with the AA logo! Would be much better if you could show the usual display here.
It is a waste of space and a lot of that is to do with AA not supporting different screens, I believe. Apple CarPlay takes up the whole screen and looks lovely in comparison! You can also flip the controls to better suit RHD or LHD vehicles

1 - 14 of 14 Posts