Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm using on daily basis Android Auto for navigation and music. I noticed that to have AA started you need to perform following:

• Connect cable to mobile phone only after Ionic is started
  • Unlock screen on mobile phone (or have it unlocked before connecting the cable)
  • Push Android Auto icon on home screen
Can anyone advice how to make this fully automated (just connect the cable and go)?

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Ioniq Limited with Ultimate Package
1,070 Posts
I use AA a lot. All I need to do is plug in the able and hit the button on the home screen. Everything else is automatic. It doesn't seem to matter if the able is plugged in ahead of time or not, either. I wonder if there is a setting wrong in AA on the phone?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Depending on the model of your Android phone and the OS version, there may be "Smart Lock" capability in the phone's configurations. With Smart Lock, you can tell the phone to automatically unlock when connected to specific Bluetooth devices. Not all devices, just the ones you choose. They are called Trusted Devices. I have my phone set to be unlocked when connected to my car. This way it unlocks as soon as you start the car and it connects to BT. This will remove the middle step you note in your post. It also makes it so the phone does not lock during your drive which keeps from having to take your eyes off the road to unlock the phone if you want to touch it at any time. I figure I'm not giving up any safety of the phone because if the phone is stolen, it will not be connected to my car so it will still lock. A good solution by Android.

My car is 50/50 on AA starting if I connect the phone before starting the car. Sometimes it does, sometimes not.

I wish there were a config to tell the car/phone if they should go to AA automatically upon startup. But there is not. You have to hit the AA icon on the screen. There are times I don't want it to just go to AA on startup, so if Hyundai made it always do that, there would be times I'd be unhappy. There are probably owners that want it each way and would be frustrated with the opposite. Thus they have to choose one or the other unless they give us a configuration in the car. That would be a nice config item if they ever get around to thinking about such a thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, not sure if you figured this out or not but i just got this working.
On your phone you have to enable developer options in the android auto app
(android auto > settings > tap the version at the bottom aprox 10 times and it will ask you to enable dev mode)
then in the developer mode settings enable the "Request Video focus on start"

Now when i plug my phone in to my car with the cable, it starts everything up automatically :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey, not sure if you figured this out or not but i just got this working.
On your phone you have to enable developer options in the android auto app
(android auto > settings > tap the version at the bottom aprox 10 times and it will ask you to enable dev mode)
then in the developer mode settings enable the "Request Video focus on start"

Now when i plug my phone in to my car with the cable, it starts everything up automatically :D
I normally only use AA for navigation, but I might have to try this, would save a step.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts