Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a Hybrid Ioniq from 2021 and when I'm using Android Auto, Radio it is not working anymore and I have to use Radio from phone, which is not same quality because is via mobile data. Is there a way to be able to use radio while I'm using navigation with waze via Android Auto ?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i had the same issue. When I plugged the phone the VLC would start to play, stopping the radio. So i thought that having the VLC turned on would stop the radio, so i stopped vlc and entered waze. Than unplugged the phone, started the radio, then plugged the phone. This worked for me.

·
Registered
2022 HEV Limited
2 Posts
On my 2022 Limited HEV here in the US, I can press the HD indicator in the lower right side of the display near the Channel List. If I deselect HD the station always comes through FM. You can use the left/right arrow buttons to manually tune to any station.

·
IONIQ Electric, SE (w/ CCP) 2018.
1,158 Posts
I can listen to AM and FM on my car while plugged into Android Auto. I can select them from the infotainment screen if I hit the Hyundai button t get back to the "normal" display, or just press the mode selector button and scroll through them.

·
Registered
2019 PHEV Ultimate
1,639 Posts
I have a Hybrid Ioniq from 2021 and when I'm using Android Auto, Radio it is not working anymore and I have to use Radio from phone, which is not same quality because is via mobile data. Is there a way to be able to use radio while I'm using navigation with waze via Android Auto ?
I've had no problems listening to the radio while using Waze or Google Maps via Android Auto. I have the ☆ button set to bring up phone projection, so I just hit Radio to get that going then press ☆ to get back to the Android Auto screen. The radio keeps playing and I'm back to my Android map. The only issue I've had is that after the first few Android Auto voice commands the system fails to mute the radio while listening for my responses to it's prompts. I have to manually mute it before giving voice commands to AA. Very annoying, and that's been happening for some 2+ years now through multiple updates of Android on my phone, the Android Auto app, and the Hyundai infotainment system firmware. :-(

Possibly related: The infotainment system remembers the volume setting for each source independently, so just because your Android media sources play fine through Android Auto doesn't mean the volume isn't necessarily at zero when you switch over to the radio. Try turning it up when you're on the radio screen with the radio playing before you connect AA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts