Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my car since november 1. It works great and the first edition is full of nice options.
Android auto works with my S5.
Today I used music and navigation. When a call came in I could awnser.
After that the dashboard lit up completely. Check brakes worried me the most.
I had to pull over and restart the engine. After starting it happened again. Than it was gone.

Remarkable that my phone can influence the dashboard of the car.
I will try again tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,252 Posts
hi boy H

Welcome to the forum

please give us a few more details,

is it a hybrid or electric?
version of android on your phone
connected via cable or Bluetooth?
is your phone as provided or has it been rooted and a different version of android installed?

please fill in you country in your profile, no need for more specific location unless you want to, but the country just helps us provide more local information

first thing I would suggest is contact your dealer a soon as possible due to the nature of the warning lights you saw ,

as we have very few people who have taken delivery of cars yet,but from my knowledge on other forums I have not heard of any similar issues with android auto

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
More detail

Ioniq is the hybrid version.
Phone is Samsung S5 with android 6.
Android Auto works flawlessly.

Today no inteference with dashboard.:laugh:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm trying to use a Wileyfox Swift 2 phone with a 2018 Ioniq plug-in but the car doesn't recognise the presence of the phone. I've tried using the original USB-C cable supplied with the phone and a couple of branded cables, all with no success.

AA is enabled on the car and it works fine on the phone, but the phone won't work with the car.

I'd be interested to hear about other peoples experiance, the AA forums are full of stories of woe regarding connecting to VWs and others, but not much noise regarding the Ioniq.

As Wileyfox are now in administration I'm not holding my breath for a solution from the phone maker.

·
Registered
467 Posts
One thing to look at is the length and quality of the USB cable. My Galaxy S5 would work with long cheap USB cables. I upgraded to a Galaxy S7 and it would not work on AA. Reading the AA forums I found many references to cable issues causing failure. References to both length and lower quality USB cables. I went to a 12" cable and the problem was solved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts