Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got Android Auto and split screen to work.

It's the middle picture here that is the key, I can't get to that option through the normal menus.
I wanted to try the splitscreen where some said that the screen went black. Searching split screen, and the option that comes up then is not it.
But using the search function got me to that screen. Search Phone P and choose the option marked in red, than make the "Use split screen" blue and it worked at once.

I'm guessing there is one way to get there without searching too, but I couldn't not find it. Maybe there is more hidden options in the search menu too?

Before someone asks, I have the Samsung S20 phone, connected through a USB hub which also there is a USB SSD Harddrive connected to get both USB music and AA at the same time.

Font Electronic device Rectangle Circle Temperature

·
Registered
221 Posts
That is awesome - going to car NOW to try this out, thanks

CJ
It only works!!!! Very cool. NOTE that the settings ONLY appear when the phone is NOT connected via USB (if you do the search with your phone connected then the two top search results are missing). However, once you set it to use split screen then you can connect your phone by USB and the split screen works just great as per the OP. It means I can have Tidal music on Android Auto and the car SATNAV system working in the split screen or other combos.

Thanks for this
CJ

·
Registered
7 Posts

It's the middle picture here that is the key, I can't get to that option through the normal menus.
I wanted to try the splitscreen where some said that the screen went black. Searching split screen, and the option that comes up then is not it.
But using the search function got me to that screen. Search Phone P and choose the option marked in red, than make the "Use split screen" blue and it worked at once.

I'm guessing there is one way to get there without searching too, but I couldn't not find it. Maybe there is more hidden options in the search menu too?

Before someone asks, I have the Samsung S20 phone, connected through a USB hub which also there is a USB SSD Harddrive connected to get both USB music and AA at the same time.

View attachment 36104
Wow and the USB hub works on android auto ? I tried the same with Apple but got a message saying unsupported

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
Last week I tried to run both nav systems as a test to see which performed the best but I found that I could not run them simultaneously - not sure if anybody has got this to work but the car nav disappears from the split screen if you operate the Google Maps nav.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 (E0a), 73 kWh Core RWD - Cyber Gray (C5G)
24 Posts
I went through all the settings and enabled this in my first week of owning the car and I'm on the 210326 version. Didn't know it wasn't clear this was possible.
You can only use the right part for some parts (weather, radio, calendar,...) the same list as the splitscreen for the regular interface. So you can't do android auto (left part) and navigation because thats both on the left screen.

And no idea if this is know but if you swipe up (or down) on the rightpart of the screen you go to a different part (radio, weather,...) unless you disabled it in the menu.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate RWD + Tech + Eco GG
157 Posts
I went through all the settings and enabled this in my first week of owning the car and I'm on the 210326 version. Didn't know it wasn't clear this was possible.
You can only use the right part for some parts (weather, radio, calendar,...) the same list as the splitscreen for the regular interface. So you can't do android auto (left part) and navigation because thats both on the left screen.

And no idea if this is know but if you swipe up (or down) on the rightpart of the screen you go to a different part (radio, weather,...) unless you disabled it in the menu.
I'm sure that I had car nav in the right split and AA in the left but when I selected a nav option through AA, the car nav disappeared from the right section.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It only works!!!! Very cool. NOTE that the settings ONLY appear when the phone is NOT connected via USB (if you do the search with your phone connected then the two top search results are missing). However, once you set it to use split screen then you can connect your phone by USB and the split screen works just great as per the OP. It means I can have Tidal music on Android Auto and the car SATNAV system working in the split screen or other combos.

Thanks for this
CJ
Did have my phone disconnected when I found it, but still hard to find anyway. Good to get confirmation that it has to be off to turn it on.

Wow and the USB hub works on android auto ? I tried the same with Apple but got a message saying unsupported
Hub works fine with Android phone. I have a 4 output switch, and put SSD in port 1, and had to put phone in port 4 it to work. I think I did get a unsupportet message when I tried 2 and 3, but didn't test again after I got it to work. I can be up to how the hub is build. Often there is 2 ports that share a component USB controller, and connecting to 2 items to the same controller might not work. Mine might have 2 controllers on board to split it up or something

Had read a few places that it didn't work. And since the phone has to be disconnected to get the option, it's no wonder many don't find it, since we often start testing it when the phone is connected. It's been that, and that it don't fill the whole screen like Carplay does.

The rest seems pretty known. And it easy to find in the menus.

The question is, does split screen work for Apples Carplay, since it fills the whole screen?

·
Registered
13 Posts
You have the same option to split the screen on Carplay, i don't know, why, the only good thing about it, is that unlike the to Android Auto, you can actually use the full screen capabilities while using an iPhone.
Frankly, the fact that AA could not support full screen layout, made me crazy, so much, that i had to take an old iPhone i had, which was sitting (Android user for many years), and just set it with my favorite apps, like Spotify\ Waze, so i can enjoy the full screen layout, and not 2\3 of it like AA currently supports.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not having AA in fullscreen don't bother me at all, for me it's the high of the screens that limits it a little for me, would be better with a higher screen to see more of the route in front of the car.

·
Registered
145 Posts

View attachment 36104
It works! Many thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm sure that I had car nav in the right split and AA in the left but when I selected a nav option through AA, the car nav disappeared from the right section.
Yeah, I was able to get the car's nav on the right (little) screen today with AA on the left, playing Deezer though. Didn't try two navs running.

Was also pleased to see I could get car nav on the left and AA on the right (little) screen playing music as well. Was more flexible than I realised.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I tested it a couple of days ago, and I get cars nav on the small screen, but at once I select a destination in AA, it removes the cars nav. Guessing AA uses the cars GPS, and it can only be used by one program at the time.

Music from AA is run over bluetooth I thing, and it than shows the bluetooth plays in the small screen, and that should work anyways. Haven't used bluetooth or AA music yet, never liked playing music from my phone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Plant Output device Map Gps navigation device Computer

Confirmed. Thank you so much for this, been avoiding android Auto since I got the car, just because of this!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts