Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching this car closely ever since it was pretty much announced, and if I were to purchase it, it would be my first car with Android Auto in it. It has also taken so long to still not be released in the US, that Android Auto has already got a new update since the cars first announcement. My question is, will the new Ioniq here in the US or even current ones support the new version of Android Auto, more specifically the wireless connectivity to the head unit. It would be a deal breaker for me to have to waste the wireless charging feature if I have to plug my phone into the car via USB and render my phone useless compared to being able to wirelessly broadcast my own apps like a chromecast for example.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was disappointed with Android Auto, shame it currently needs to be wired in. It is worth looking at the Android Auto apps to see what is compatible as there are very few supported apps. It's not much different for Apple Car either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The newest version of Android Auto supports wireless connectivity (something that should have been there since day 1) and Apple is currently working on their version of wired too. Just very unfortunate that such a car will pretty much have an already outdated and awful version of Android Auto in it. Even if it was just the Facebook messenger and Spotify I would have been happy but just the fact that you have to plug it in makes it easier to just use bluetooth. Oh well.. maybe Ioniq 2?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts