Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The SoulEVSpy android app (BETA), available from google play store, now has limited support for Ioniq. You can find the link in my signature.

In the app, under “Settings” you can select “Ioniq” as your car model. The app should be able to read DTC codes, BMS battery cell voltages and module temperatures, etc, with scanning interval configurable down to 3 seconds.

The app works with a Konnwei KW-902 OBD-II Bluetooth dongle (many other dongles doesn't work!)

If you use the app in your Ionic, I will appreciate feedback, log-files and screenshots :)
I do not have access to an Ioniq for testing the app.

If the app does not work for you, please email me the data- and log-files that are written to the Download-directory by the app, so I can analyze the cause of the problem. I will also appreciate data- and log-files if you encounter no problems with the app :)

Email me at [email protected]

Here are some screenshots from the app in a Kia Soul EV:
bms_soulevspy.jpg battery_cell_map_soulevspy.jpg

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have made 2 journeys to day using the app.

It seems to take several attempts of switching the Konnwei and the app's bluetooth on and off before the bluetooth connects. Not sure if this is normal?

When connected, it displays Energy and Power, Battery Cell Map, and the Battery Management System information. That's all i've looked at so far.

Not sure if the information is recorded, or how to retrieve it if it is.

So far, so good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tested with Ioniq EV (2019) and Konnwei adapter. Seems to work similiar way as MR Scan Man told. Also I had to push the Konnwei BT on/off button few times but after the initial connection succeeded, no problems since that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi, this sounds good. I have been looking for a Leafspy-like app for the IONIQ EV. How often do others use the app and dongle to get BMS info. I am most interested in learning the SoH after I've had mine for one year and done about 8000 mi. I guess it is still using up its > 28kWh buffer but it'd be good to know because the dealers sure won't tell you

·
Registered
57 Posts
As Mr Scan Man has said it also took me several attempts to get it connected to the app via turning various things off/on, I almost gave up but I got it working.

I see my SoH is 100% I am guessing that the car is still working its way through the > 28kWh buffer after one Year and 8000 Mi driven?

It's great to have an Ioniq BEV app for this, I would like to see the labels more user-friendly ie:

battery.accumulative_charge_power_kWh
battery.accumulative_discharge_power_kWh

I am not sure what the difference is, I could understand better if one was Total consumed kWh or Total charged kWh with the latter being higher due to charging loss but that doesn't seem to tie up in my case?

Overall however I am happy just to be able to check the traction battery SoH

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have successfully connected using an iCar OBD II and the Soul EV app - my EV (2107) has done 30,000km and the SOH is 100% Aux battery 14.4 and battery cell map showing all cells at3.84 and temp 9.0 C.

So my analysis of this is that all is well after 30,000km :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Langemand I drive a Ioniq Phev and although this app is more for the Ioniq BEV it does work to show almost all of the Phev data. I am posting that this dongle I bought after having trouble with Konnwei dongle in both your app and Phev Watchdog app, works flawlessly. "Panlong" found on Amazon.ca with some units in Canada by vender. 34a.JPG Love the app and will get back to you about what seems not to work on the Phev.

·
Registered
2019 Ioniq 28kWh
38 Posts
My OBD2 dongle or phone is acting up. I'm having trouble getting it to connect and when it connects it rarely works fore more than 30min. I have more or less the same issues with an old blue ELM dongle and a new Konnwei 902.

Phone is a dedicated android 10 with two different vanilla roms tested with similar results. Phone got constant power. I have not found any clear explanation to why. Sometimes power cycling the dongle helps sometimes I need to bind it again to the phones BT menu etc etc...

Well I guess helping me best would be recommending a dongle that works stable with no fancy auto sleep function that might interfere with my loggings.

thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts