Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
"I know its a concept but I think that is the shape of a car only its designer could love !!!! "
Or Noddy and Big Ears :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
As a "concept" design ..... I think it is interesting. Merely the design department dreaming. It will never become a reality.

That said .... I'd be more interested in "concept" vehicles that are fore-runners of reality. I'd like to see "concepts" that will eventually make it into production.

Now, several extraneous comments. It has been reported that Toyota Management killed the design departments design for the new 4th generation Prius. It resulted in a delay in production. Reportedly, management wanted a "more youthful, sporty" design. The current Prius IMHO is what results when management (that has no design expertise) becomes involved. Actually, I was becoming concerned about Toyota's Design Department ... I do not like any of their new design. I have thought it appears to me that the new Prius front was designed by one team and the rear by another. Neither do I like the Lexus design .... the hour glass, gaping maw just turns me off. Several Toyota designs have the enormous grilles .... much more than needed for cooling, and in most instances, they are fake. No opening at all. A dislike fake.

More interesting to me ... The 3rd generation Prius had a profile that gently (gracefully in my view) sloped into the front windshield and roof. The 4th generation Prius moved away from that slope, as well as moved the roof peak forward .... both of which create, again IMHO, a very ugly profile. I suppose I am not youthful and sporty enough to appreciate. BUT ... the "concept" vehicle returns to the previous graceful slope from the front to the roof.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts