1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Tire Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Got my new car a few days ago and although I think its an amazing car (and lots of fun!) it has a few strange (basic) flaws:

1) Scheduled climate can only be used when the car is plugged in and charging?

2) High Beam Assist is useless - my wife has the e-corsa with Intellilux lights and they are far superior (on a car costing almost half as much)

3) No auto-locking doors when you move away with the key - this just seems basic

However, there are a few things I absolutely love:

1) The auto lane change on HDA2 is very clever, in-fact the whole setup for HDA seems very capable

2) The space inside is unbelievable - its really deceiving and very comfortable

3) The matte paint - I was unsure about it but its stunning and its the thing everyone comments on

Overall I think its a great car - with a few minor flaws - but very glad I went for it!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
2) High Beam Assist is useless - my wife has the e-corsa with Intellilux lights and they are far superior (on a car costing almost half as much)
I'm going to take a wild shot at this, different manufacturers have different tech. Part and parcel of the patent system.

3) No auto-locking doors when you move away with the key - this just seems basic
Wow, pretty sure I would hate that. How do you know that it actually locked? Every single time? Now if it is a user selectable option, that would be OK.

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ltd AWD
117 Posts
View attachment 40853
View attachment 40854
View attachment 40855

Got my new car a few days ago and although I think its an amazing car (and lots of fun!) it has a few strange (basic) flaws:

1) The auto lane change on HDA2 is very clever, in-fact the whole setup for HDA seems very capable

3) The matte paint - I was unsure about it but its stunning and its the thing everyone comments on

Overall I think its a great car - with a few minor flaws - but very glad I went for it!
My US I5 is set to lock doors 30 seconds after unlocking when key fob comes near and goes away. I think there is a setting for this. Not sure if this is your issue re: headlights, I read somewhere that dealer is supposed to adjust headlights before delivery to customer but some fail to do so. Look for threads on headlight misalignment detection (high beams aimed too low.)
Car Plant Vehicle Plant community Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Not sure if this is your issue re: headlights, I read somewhere that dealer is supposed to adjust headlights before delivery to customer but some fail to do so.
The issue is better headights not yet available in the US. And some of these better headlights are not as good as the best ones. All of them are better than ours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 40853
View attachment 40854
View attachment 40855

The matte finish is different which some love and some not so much. I work at a Hyundai dealership and a lady came in with a very small parking lot ding which she claims it was there when she bought the car (6 months passed). We decided to give her the benefit of doubt and repaired it. One estimate we got was $650 due to the kind of paint. My advice is to Park further way from the crowd!

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Premium 73kW
155 Posts
The matte finish is different which some love and some not so much. I work at a Hyundai dealership and a lady came in with a very small parking lot ding which she claims it was there when she bought the car (6 months passed). We decided to give her the benefit of doubt and repaired it. One estimate we got was $650 due to the kind of paint. My advice is to Park further way from the crowd!
I know most dealers in Ireland would tell ya to politely sod off if someone came in with a ding claiming it was there all along after 6 months.

They do ding easily, got a small ding off a stone pinged off the road by a passing car. It sounded far worse in the car, though someone shot at me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts