Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Ioniq 2020 PHEV last year and just love it. Quickly found some errors in the maps though but the dealer wouldn't update till my one year service.

Well I just had it and the info screen says exactly the same as before. The garage even made me wait an extra hour because they said there were extra updates.

After I pointed out that the version numbers hadn't changed they still insist that everything has been updated and perhaps just the infoscreen didn't update. Does that seem likely to anyone?

Is there a way I can test/prove it? Some new functions or settings I can test for? Must be something since the screen says 2019 software on all points.

·
Registered
UK spec 2020 1st Edition in Polar White
537 Posts
If you can still get the three way split screen, your system hasn’t been updated. The latest version numbers show March 2021.

·
Registered
2020 Premium Electric
80 Posts
The version numbers contain the date of the updates.

Software is dated 25th April 2019 (190425)
Firmware is dated 22nd April 2019 (190422)
Nav app is dated 30th May 2019 (190530)

So you are not on the latest versions. There was an update in October 2020 and another one recently.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hey buddy. You are way behind in updates. The problem with many dealers is that you need to tell them that want to update the infotainment system. Not the main unit. They usually only the check the main board etc. Anyways you are behind by 4 updates.

I have created a thread for software updates. But here is the direct link

Download, extract the Content to the root of fat32 formatted usb, out into the car. And choose quick update.

Remember the car must be turned on and out it on P

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The version numbers contain the date of the updates.

Software is dated 25th April 2019 (190425)
Firmware is dated 22nd April 2019 (190422)
Nav app is dated 30th May 2019 (190530)

So you are not on the latest versions. There was an update in October 2020 and another one recently.
Yeah, that was what I told the garage but they insisted and told me that the software was updated and it must just be the system info screen that hasn't registered it.

So I am trying to find something to point to, to prove that that is not the case...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Yeah, that was what I told the garage but they insisted and told me that the software was updated and it must just be the system info screen that hasn't registered it.

So I am trying to find something to point to, to prove that that is not the case...
Point them this

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey buddy. You are way behind in updates. The problem with many dealers is that you need to tell them that want to update the infotainment system. Not the main unit. They usually only the check the main board etc. Anyways you are behind by 4 updates.

I have created a thread for software updates. But here is the direct link

Download, extract the Content to the root of fat32 formatted usb, out into the car. And choose quick update.

Remember the car must be turned on and out it on P
I am afraid I specificly told them that - and they even told me that I had to wait an extra hour because there was an extra map update after already updating it once. But the map version is also the same number as when i bought it.

Have had several "bad" experiences with the garage - really wish there were more authorized garages in Denmark :-S I have a service contract where I pay for this so they are going to do it over... Just have to have something to point to to prove they were wrong.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is what mine looks like now. I chose Mocha as the amp colour scene and they have lashed out on something called Sounds of Nature. Personally I regard these as distractions
What does the home screen look like? :)

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Ioniq Premium SE PHEV
4 Posts
20210606_150033.jpg

Would I be correct in saying this isn't the latest software/ firmware for a 2019 (69 plate) PHEV?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts