Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
  • US ICCU Recall (aka 12V battery failure issue). Please use the following thread, this pertains to all eGMP models. Please do not create duplicate threads on this topic. Thread

Alloy Wheel Corrosion

5K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  kingtoma 
#1 ·
Anyone got any experience of logging a warranty call with Hyundai for Alloy Wheel Corrosion recently?

Got it on all four of my alloys, no kerbing damage and never been kerbed as far as I know, only damage is the white worm under the
lacquer.

Took it to local dealer (UK) who took pictures and logged it with Hyundai but claim was rejected as they say there is kerbing damage, local dealer agrees with me that there isn't any kerbing damage but Hyundai have told them that warranty claims decisions cant be reversed.

#5 ·
Had same rims, mine also started to get some white worms already after one summer season (the winter season here in Sweden requires a second set of wheels)
never opened a warranty case against Hyundai, if I got new wheels, only to find out the next year that the quality of them was no better?
Also, I didn't think they looked good, got a set of aftermarket wheels instead, same type with clear lacquer over polished alu, but not a worm so far.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Reactions: kingtoma and KevinT
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.