Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm looking to purchase All Weather Mats for my Ioniq hybrid.

In particular, I'm looking for a quality set that includes a mat for the trunk area.

Any suggestions based on experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Have the Ioniq rubber mats for trunk and passenger seats. Ideal solution , should become standard. Have the velours originals for sale on Ebay.

Advantage is that Ioniq version has holes to fix them on the floor hooks.
Dirt can be easily removed. After a rub I use a little cockpit spray. This makes them look brand new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks @incrediblechunk, thought there might already be thread..
@Rene Scheffers that sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, but when I go on the Hyundai accessory store it only says 4 mats in the set. I'm assuming you bought yours when you purchased the car?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm sure there's different prices out there but I was quote over £180 for mats, liner and boot edge protector from Hyundai, hence my order with carmats4u

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yep, its a regular accesoire. Everyone can buy one.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
@incrediblechunk good to know! So you ordered the i20 boot liner off of carmats4u?
That may be me who started that thread..I bought IONIQ carmats and when comparing them to our i20 genuine Hyundai carmats I couldnt tell the difference...they may not last as long (time will tell) but no reason to believe they wont and I didnt buy the most expensive ones. If you do enough miles all mats wear out...probabl less with the Ioniq as I'm not on the pedals....even genuine mats will wear out...if worried go for rubber the do those also

·
Registered
43 Posts
I strolled into Walmart and bought a set of "Weatherguard" "cut to fit" (Chinese made) rubber mats for like, $28 U.S. Trimmed them to fit and they do - nicely. They are of heavy, thick rubber with deep channels to catch and hold debris. The set came with two, large front mats, and two small rear floor mats. The mats have large nibs on the underside to help hold them in place, as well as a couple of large polymer "spikey things" to deliver more aggressive hold against forward sliding.

The mats cut to fit very nicely and provide "wall-to-wall" coverage to keep my carpet and carpeted floor mats looking new.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too am looking for rubber mats to protect my carpet. Have them installed in my other car and my wife's car.

For those that are old enough, consider, most of my early cars came with rubber floor covering instead of carpet. Only the high-end vehicles came with carpeting. What did I do but go out and purchase carpet floor mats to place over my rubber flooring. Now most vehicles come with carpet as the standard floor covering and what do we do but go out and buy rubber floor mats to protect our carpet. Maybe the car manufactures need to make carpeting with rubber inserts already in place to catch sand, water, snow etc. That way we could have the best of both.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I found a Weathertech AVM (cut to fit) trunk mat at Costco. It was $40./$30. on sale. I'm holding off on trimming it (so I "could" take it back), waiting to see if anyone has a custom fit rubber one.
Trying to decide what to do with the need for passenger compartment rubber mats. Really want to wait for "exact fit" mats, but I may have to get some cheapies to hold me until the good stuff comes out.
If anyone finds anything, please report to the rest of us on the forum.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts