Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I had to drive my family on July vacation. All plans made so what was I going to do? I didn't want to let anyone down. Naturally with zero AC because my Ioniq 5 AC clearly came defective I had heatstroke symptoms. This is a serious issue in todays world with tempatures what they are. I am a big fan of the car (If AC is available). Hot or not my Toyota never had an issue cooling me down in high tempatures. When you pay 70k for a new car and we did I think it is a fair expectation that you have AC. Either Hyundai needs to fix this and by the way I want an EV loaner! I didn't pay to drive around in ice! The way I see it is Hyundai better be getting a hold of me soon and making this right or trust me I am never buying a Hyundai again and I will make sure the world knows it! The car almost got me killed after eight hour drive and stuck in long traffic jams at high heat. I made it home alive last night. Entire vacation ruined. I am not happy. Worst part is after first fix I was told by dealer that they find it unacceptable but within Hyundai's acceptable range. Goodl luck in court if they do not fix it because it is not blowing any cool air! It is the most absurd horrible situation I have ever been in with a purchase. Also please don't tell me how to turn the AC on. I know exactly how to operate the AC. It is broken!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Aaaand it’s stopped working again.
Air con saga continues. Not leaked again but no pressure in the system. Dealer needs to order nitrogen and tools from Hyundai Technical Services UK. Take the whole front end apart to check the compressor before they know what’s wrong.

Apparently there’s a massive technical bulletin from Hyundai on the air con so they must have some ideas….

I said to the guy I’ve read so many cases of compressor issues online but he wouldn’t really commit. But they have to do this nitrogen test first. But no eta on when that’ll arrive with them.

·
Registered
449 Posts
In another post I said my car Ioniq 5 with 4000 miles had a dead a/c Shop replaced the compressor only to find no a/c working. No one knows what to do. Service called the Hyundai 1800-I don't know what to do hotline. Try this - we will send three more parts and hope that works. It is 95 degrees in so cal and I and I am getting ill from the heat

Maybe the parts will come next week but no one know that either.

Think it will work with the new three parts? If not lemon law attorney here I come
why no loaner?

·
Registered
White AWD Preferred
43 Posts
I can understand how frustrating that all can be, especially with a new car. I live an hour and half from my dealer, my fingers crossed I do not have to take mine to the dealer. My last three new vehicles I never had to take any back to the dealer, other than for scheduled checkups.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Air con saga continues. Not leaked again but no pressure in the system. Dealer needs to order nitrogen and tools from Hyundai Technical Services UK. Take the whole front end apart to check the compressor before they know what’s wrong.

Apparently there’s a massive technical bulletin from Hyundai on the air con so they must have some ideas….

I said to the guy I’ve read so many cases of compressor issues online but he wouldn’t really commit. But they have to do this nitrogen test first. But no eta on when that’ll arrive with them.
Why do they need to wait for nitrogen? it is available anywhere. Sounds like they are just stalling.

·
Registered
35 Posts
After more than 6 weeks, the dealer got the AC compressor spare from Korea and fixed my Ioniq5.
Was it just the ac compressor?

I am also still waiting for the parts, it’s been more than 6 weeks.

i have been told another similar case which the circuit board besides the compressor is also burnt.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts