Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I too live in Las Vegas. We got our IONIQ 5 in March of this year and it has been a great vehicle through 4000 miles...till yesterday when the A/C when out just after charging. I will be taking it the dealer in about 2 hours and we will see where that takes us. Hoping its something as simple as the PTC issue stated in a post above and hoping they can get the part soon. I will reply back to this post to let you know.

This too is my wife's daily commute vehicle as well as our go everywhere vehicle in town...so I am in the same boat as you. We are not happy this happen right before the holiday.
Please post dealer outcome with aircon

·
Registered
62 Posts
I too live in Las Vegas. We got our IONIQ 5 in March of this year and it has been a great vehicle through 4000 miles...till yesterday when the A/C when out just after charging. I will be taking it the dealer in about 2 hours and we will see where that takes us. Hoping its something as simple as the PTC issue stated in a post above and hoping they can get the part soon. I will reply back to this post to let you know.

This too is my wife's daily commute vehicle as well as our go everywhere vehicle in town...so I am in the same boat as you. We are not happy this happen right before the holiday.
Which of the four dealerships in Vegas did you use? We are using Centennial Hills. My wife and I talked and I'll end up with the Ioniq 5 if the AC beaks until it is fixed.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Which of the four dealerships in Vegas did you use? We are using Centennial Hills. My wife and I talked and I'll end up with the Ioniq 5 if the AC beaks until it is fixed.
Hyundai of Las Vegas is our dealership but we also go to ABC Hyundai that is very close to the 215 and Rainbow. A co-worker buys all his Hyundai's at Centennial Hill...says they are good people.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does anyone with Hyundai read these forums? We have no AC after one dealer visit now for attempted fix. We live in Maine so did not know the AC did not work until summer. I feel sick to my stomach. This isn't right!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Does anyone with Hyundai read these forums? We have no AC after one dealer visit now for attempted fix. We live in Maine so did not know the AC did not work until summer. I feel sick to my stomach. This isn't right!
Hmm does any one at Hyundai read these posts So many aircon not working I have been waiting two weeks for parts and no one know when they will arrive. And it is 90 decrees in so cal I am so annoyed. Dealer so shows zero sympathy

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 5 SE AWD, Cyber Gray
131 Posts
where is this please, had mine delivered yesterday and cannot get it blowing cold
If you are in ECO driving mode, the AC is reduced
From the manual:
"When ECO mode is activated:
- The acceleration response may be
slightly reduced if the accelerator
pedal is depressed moderately.
- The air conditioner performance
may be limited.
The above situations are normal
conditions when ECO mode is
activated to help improve electric
energy efficiency."

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are in ECO driving mode, the AC is reduced
From the manual:
"When ECO mode is activated:
- The acceleration response may be
slightly reduced if the accelerator
pedal is depressed moderately.
- The air conditioner performance
may be limited.
The above situations are normal
conditions when ECO mode is
activated to help improve electric
energy efficiency."
Oh I see, the Eco driving mode. Apologies I thought there was a specific climate Eco mode. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
'22 Atlas White SE
375 Posts
where is this please, had mine delivered yesterday and cannot get it blowing cold
Press the small round physical button on the steering wheel. This cycles between Eco, Normal, and Sport modes. I drive in Normal mode because I want acceleration for emergency maneuvers (Eco feels too sluggish to me). I use Sports mode when my passengers want to know how fast the car can accelerate.
Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Speedometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
Ultimate | Lucid Blue
474 Posts
Oh I see, the Eco driving mode. Apologies I thought there was a specific climate Eco mode. Thanks for the clarification.
Actually, it can be independent of your drive mode too. I drive in normal mode daily but have my climate control set to eco mode. You can find that toggle in your climate settings.

Font Display device Air travel Television set Audio equipment

·
Registered
103 Posts
It does say it reduces the heating and cooling power, and it's nit related to the eco driving mode. The second pic shows the extra indicators above the blue bars when deselected.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Press the small round physical button on the steering wheel. This cycles between Eco, Normal, and Sport modes. I drive in Normal mode because I want acceleration for emergency maneuvers (Eco feels too sluggish to me). I use Sports mode when my passengers want to know how fast the car can accelerate.
View attachment 44020
already in normal mode so doesn’t look like it’s that

It does say it reduces the heating and cooling power, and it's nit related to the eco driving mode. The second pic shows the extra indicators above the blue bars when deselected.
thank you will try that

21 - 40 of 59 Posts