Hyundai IONIQ Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In another post I said my car Ioniq 5 with 4000 miles had a dead a/c Shop replaced the compressor only to find no a/c working. No one knows what to do. Service called the Hyundai 1800-I don't know what to do hotline. Try this - we will send three more parts and hope that works. It is 95 degrees in so cal and I and I am getting ill from the heat

Maybe the parts will come next week but no one know that either.

Think it will work with the new three parts? If not lemon law attorney here I come

·
Registered
22 Posts
The PTC is part of the HVAC system, and as such, if it doesn't work then the system (which includes both cooling and heating) does not work reliably. I'm not an engineer or know much about these systems, but I can only tell you that my a/c was unreliable -- it usually took 5-10 minutes of the car moving before it would do any cooling -- and after they replaced the PTC, it works great from the get-go. It took them 3 weeks to get the part, and an hour or two to replace it. They did not allow me to drive the I5 until it was all working, so I got a ICE loaner car. And, no, I wasn't happy with that arrangement, but they did ultimately repair the I5 and it's been cool and reliable ever since.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My car is also really hot. The blower motor is busted and makes an obnoxious squeal. So I alternate between a hot car (AC off) and blasting the radio to drown out the squeal (AC on). Got an estimate of 4 or more months to get the part and schedule the dealer service. Thanks, Hyundai... I get to use my AC again after the hot summer months. Ugh.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I talked with a California lemon law lawyer yesterday regarding the air con not working He told me that I needed three repair attempts then he would take the case One more to go if the dealer ever gets the the next order of parts.
With all the aircon issues one would think Hyundai would supply the dealer with spare parts.

I have had several Chevys and Toyotas I cannot remember waiting more than two days if a part was not at the dealer. That was even an exception as most parts were in stock. .

·
Registered
27 Posts
Is the AC not working a normal known problem or just a fluke? I ask because I'm in Las Vegas and my wife will KILL me if the AC goes out right away as the vehicle is for her. We have lived here 25 years and have never had car AC problems. Our Ioniq 5 Limited should be here in early August which is the main part of summer. I test drive one awhile back and thought the AC was too cold if anything. We would consider a different vehicle if the AC is known not to work properly.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is the AC not working a normal known problem or just a fluke? I ask because I'm in Las Vegas and my wife will KILL me if the AC goes out right away as the vehicle is for her. We have lived here 25 years and have never had car AC problems. Our Ioniq 5 Limited should be here in early August which is the main part of summer. I test drive one awhile back and thought the AC was too cold if anything. We would consider a different vehicle if the AC is known not to work properly.
There are many many posts re aircon not working. No one knows if yours will be ok

i am now waiting for parts (10 days and at least three more for upcoming holiday). This will be third attempt. If fixed great. If not I’ve already talked to a lemon law attorney

·
Registered
2022 Ioniq 5 Cyber Grey Limited
128 Posts
As with any forum you tend to get everyone that has a problem to make posts for answers they have trouble solving. This seems to make it seem that an isolated build problem is common. I don't think many of the problems on this forum are a widespread fault. Granted some particular bugs may be but they can be solved by some of the nerds and brainiacs on here and software updates.

That being said my car has been perfect in every way since Feb. and close to 5000 miles. The air conditioning is superb and it can be too cool at times even on the hottest days sitting in the sun. The biggest problem with the car is all the settings that are buried in the software. It can become overwhelming to many who want to get in a car and just drive. This is not a car like that. However once you dig deep enough and set everything just as you want it it's among the finest cars on the road. An absolute pleasure to get behind the wheel each day, much like it was in my muscle car days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are many many posts re aircon not working. No one knows if yours will be ok

i am now waiting for parts (10 days and at least three more for upcoming holiday). This will be third attempt. If fixed great. If not I’ve already talked to a lemon law attorney
I too live in Las Vegas. We got our IONIQ 5 in March of this year and it has been a great vehicle through 4000 miles...till yesterday when the A/C when out just after charging. I will be taking it the dealer in about 2 hours and we will see where that takes us. Hoping its something as simple as the PTC issue stated in a post above and hoping they can get the part soon. I will reply back to this post to let you know.

This too is my wife's daily commute vehicle as well as our go everywhere vehicle in town...so I am in the same boat as you. We are not happy this happen right before the holiday.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I too live in Las Vegas. We got our IONIQ 5 in March of this year and it has been a great vehicle through 4000 miles...till yesterday when the A/C when out just after charging. I will be taking it the dealer in about 2 hours and we will see where that takes us. Hoping its something as simple as the PTC issue stated in a post above and hoping they can get the part soon. I will reply back to this post to let you know.

This too is my wife's daily commute vehicle as well as our go everywhere vehicle in town...so I am in the same boat as you. We are not happy this happen right before the holiday.
Check your fuses (or have the dealer do this). Others have found that some DC chargers blew a fuse and broke their heating/cooling.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts